XAircraft XA OSD cables

wbrownj

XA OSD cables - SOLVED

Hi all,
This may be a bit long-winded but I need help so please read on. Thanks.

I just got the XA osd module and want to wire it to my gaui gv100 system.
I have done the wiring to the gaui Tx and when switched on I get the osd output on the monitor. Note there is no other Gaui stuff on the screen... Which is good.
So that bit seems ok.
My questions revolve around the wiring to my GoPro 3 black.
When I bought the osd I also got a cable for the GP3 that plugs into the 3.5mm jack on the osd.
This works but I get low resolution and the screen is also full of gaui overlays (eg gaui logo, battery status, etc) that obscure the view of the osd output.

I made a cable to plug into the other port of the osd. I got a gopro mini USB and connected the yellow wire to the white osd wire and black to black. Using this I get no video output but still see the the osd output on a black screen.

I saw a picture of making such a cable and it included a 100k resistor between pin 10 and ground but I do not know if this is needed and don't have the means to make such a cable.

So after all that 3 questions...
1. Is it possible to buy ready made gopro-to-osd port (not the 3.5 mm one) cables and if so where?
2. Is there any other advice you can offer to allow me to get video by connecting the gopro to the osd port?
3. How do you switch between osd channels... Ie between the 3.5mm and other input port?

Thanks in advance for your time

Jonathan

Last edited by a moderator:

wbrownj

The resolution was that the cable I had made worked, but I needed to switch between video channels on the OSD which I found out was done in the SuperX configuration program.

I still have the crappy GAUI overlays which it would be great to lose but I guess I will just have to live with them

Jonathan

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I have issues with GoPro 3 period, I find their USB connection dodgy at best, but still, first thing you must ensure is that your gopro is in NTSC and the OSD is set up for NTSC, many, me included, find PAL results in no image just the overlay.

I only have the flat connector but it is hit and miss with my GoPro and usb so I have a Mobius key cam as FPV, which works all the time and do the video with a GoPro 3 Silver.

I did read somewhere you need a video switcher to change channels not available via XA and I thin the resolution is up to your TX/RX and end video source, if you do find a place to get the plugs already made up please let me know.

David

wbrownj

Hi David...
Thanks a lot for your reply. I have got things pretty much settled down now... and it is working fine for me in PAL or NTSC... just make sure both camera and osd module are both using the same.
Re video switcher, it is all done in the controller software (superX.exe). I do not think there is a dynamic way of doing it.

Jonathan

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Hi David...
Thanks a lot for your reply. I have got things pretty much settled down now... and it is working fine for me in PAL or NTSC... just make sure both camera and osd module are both using the same.
Re video switcher, it is all done in the controller software (superX.exe). I do not think there is a dynamic way of doing it.

Jonathan

That's great, and well done about the PAL/NTSC no matter what I try if both untis are in PAL all I get is a black screen with the OSD overlay, both have to be NTSC for me, not a real problem in this day and age :)

Happy Christmas

David