X8 owners - do not use Wookong firmware v5.26

ZAxis

We just had a bad experience with our X8. Switching to Go Home sent the craft into wild tumbling and we were unable to regain control. Luckily the crash landing was in tall grass and the only damage was a broken leg. Droidworx build them tough. Thanks to many responses from forum members and Kopterworx who supplied the kit the suggestion to drop back to version 1.6 or 2.0 came up too many times to ignore. So we just did that, dropped back to v1.6 and retested the craft....... it worked fine, no Go Home problems.
We can get on with life now.
Thanks to all
lec + andy

Last edited by a moderator:

Egk Werner

I love the builds you do. This one is great. It's seriously inspired me to do some experimenting of my own in the near future. A quick question. Do you remember that X8 foldable you made with the “esky honey bee" props a few months ago? Would that copter lift a Zenmuse z15 and still get over 25 to 30 minutes of flight time?

FerdinandK

My personal strategy:
use 5.08 FW
never use PPM
Never change any FW in the system just because there is a new one, ony if you need one of the new features.
Since 5.08 I am waiting for a stable FW, but there has not been any (possibly 5.16)

best regards
Ferdinand

eyeball

Zaxix...sorry to hear about your Coaxial failsafe issues...It seems your not the only one with this problem and the other chap is flying a DW Titanium X4 Heavy Lift. If I find anything out about the cause of the problem 'll let you know but maybe a FW backdate is a good starting point.

rcmike

I've been using 5.26 since it came out with no issues on my X8. Used "Go Home" several times with no issues.

sochin33

I've been using 5.26 since it came out with no issues on my X8. Used "Go Home" several times with no issues.

I will soon be getting an X8 with Wookong and V2 IMU. I can go without the Bluetooth capabilities, but need everything else to work. What is the earliest firmware that will support the V2 IMU upgrade ?

ZAxis

Sochin33... As far as I can tell the V2 IMU does not need a specific version to operate so should be good at v5.16 and later. Our next step is to replace the existing V1 IMU with a V2 and we'll do that at v5.16 firmware level.

rcmike... The causes of firmware/software problems never seem to end up precisely defined so looks like you were perhaps the lucky one and we weren't :).

andy