X8 Build - First Timer

BlueAero

Hey guys, first post for me on here. I am building an X8 Black Widow. We are at the point of mounting the motors to the motor mounts. Either we have the wrong screws or we are missing something. The motors are KDE 3520 and the came with 4 silver screw and two black. Every picture we have seen there are four black screws in the bottom of the motors. The silver ones go to a small silver mounting plate. But we are not putting those on. So, do the motors only have two attaching them to the copter or are we missing some? All of the screws that came with the Black Widow are two long or, again, there isn't enough of them. Any thoughts? Any help would be appreciated!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
You can get away with 2 bolts for the motors - but I have always preferred 4. Never hurts to be MORE secure :)

If need be, buy some bolts at the local hardware to augment what you received. Just make sure they are the proper length so you don't accidentally damage the windings inside the motor.

jinly

You can get away with 2 bolts for the motors - but I have always preferred 4. Never hurts to be MORE secure :)

If need be, buy some bolts at the local hardware to augment what you received. Just make sure they are the proper length so you don't accidentally damage the windings inside the motor.

I have two screws on my X8' motors. He is right more would be better. I never worry because of the redundancy, which I have personally tested. My X8 will fly even when two props go out, however, not on the same mount. I use the M3 5MM.