WooKong M--White Flashes???

jascamera

Guys,

I have 2 hexa, 900mm size. BOth have 2 white flashes when flying. The white flashes comes in and out. I can't seem to figure how to get rid of them. The frame is very ridgid and no flex. Video are very clean, so vibration should be well controlled.

Anyone have any suggestions? Should this be an concern, or that's how large Multis are using WKM?

kristiaj

I have a 750mm hexa, ver.5.02. Often get white flashes. I don't really care about this.. It has been working perfect several hundred flights.

Dreamweaver

Common issue discussed sevel times.

Are the flashes happening under large stick movements? if yes...don't worry about it.

If no...then it may be a vibration issue...grab the copter whilst hovering and see if it feels excessive.

Happening on my 450 with large stick movements...i think its because the GPS is no longer in the same plane and it freaks out...need a GPS gimbal :)

~Mike

jascamera

I don't like holding the hexa, as it's quite big and powerful. When it's flying, I don't see vibration on antenna and servo wires. And video are verly clean. The white light will come in when I fly around, but are gone once I am in a hover, or slow flying.

I have white lights with my 7.5 KG hexa when flying around, none when in the hover. Doesn't seem to indicate a degrade in the attitude hold performance.

jascamera

Good to know. Sometime I also get ocassional 3 white flashes. BUt yes, it flys fine. So, I don't need to worry about the white flashes??

what about this: full battery, just into the flight about 4 mins..

at about :45 there is a constant white flash.. IOC was off the whole flight.

1:01 took off GPS to land.

What could it be? I checked the GPS.. still on tight.. didn't look like it effected flight, but again, I did not leave it there long to see if it would have.

Thanks for any advice.

KS

Last edited by a moderator:

Dreamweaver

Is DJI working on a retro kit to stop the white flashes?

[h=3]Other Mounting Method[/h]Of course you can also use other methods to mount the GPS module, such as:

1. Use the 0.2MM double-sided copper-clad boards to make a double layer shielding
  2. Connect the shielding to the cathode, make sure the two ground wire connect separately to battery cathode.
Then search for GPS satellite: The red light single flash for 43 seconds, red light completely went out 80 seconds