Wookong M Post Crash Considerations

gmahan3

I had a crash this past week and all the parts are in and tonight I'm going to put my platform back together again. I got lucky and only need to install a new ESC and two motor extension plates.

Can any wisdom be imparted on things I especially need to do either for my FC or otherwise before getting it back up in the sky?

Others will likely chip in soon.
What firmware are you using? What where the flight symptoms before the crash. i.e., pilot error of system malfunction?
IMHO - If the cause of the crash is still not determined it is best to get it back on the hobby work bench and go thru all your settings to make sure everything works as expected with WKM assistant. Watch out for misconfiguration between RC system and the MR FC such as functional cross-overs.... an example might be where flipping on a trainer switch simultaneously activates or de-activates RTH functionality.

Don't discount possible hidden damage...... be extremely rigorous in troubshooting.... looking for motor bell runout, bent motor shafts, bend props to try to expose otherwise invisible cracks. Re-calibrate the digital compass etc.

haha49

I would look the motors over well pull on them make sure they don't have any right and left play up and down you can break a locking washer and not know it till the prop flys off. Also look at the props top and bottom tip to the hub hidden cracks can supprise you. Make sure your conections are still good make sure the board isn't crack. Make sure the osd if you had one isn't broken I've seen 1 mini osd break from a crash It wasn't a hard impact it just took off and flipped over it broke allot and it was a simple flip over.

Also check the wires in a hard crash they tend to get small cuts in them from random places it's supprising to see a servo lead cut and you sit there wondering how the heck it happened.