Wookong-M Functionality Notes

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
I decided to come up with a paraphrased version of the WKM manual. The WKM has a ton of functionality so I figured a cheat-sheet was in order. I did this for my own use, but decided to post it for others to benefit from. I copied this to my iPhone for reference at the field. Enjoy!

DJI F550 Settings

WKM
GPS Antenna Location: X= -7 cm Z= -13 cm
-all the rest, zero.

DX8 Channels/Switches

Flight Control:U -> AUX1 -> F.MODE
0-[GPS-ATT]
1-[ATTITUDE]
2-[MANUAL]

IOC:X2 -> AUX2 -> FLAP/GYRO

• Mode set to "Control 3":
    0-[OFF]
    1-[POI]
    2-[HOME LOCK]
    Green LED will blink slowly to indicate IOC mode selected.

1. Use this switch to manually record the IOC nose orientation, home position or point of interest for the corresponding modes/switch positions. POI has to be recorded manually.
      To record IOC points manually:
      After GPS IOC integrity is established: toggle the 3-position switch 3 to 5 times between two switch positions [only]. The recorded IOC points will be different for different switch combinations. The following shows how the MC will record the different points for my settings above:
      Position-0<-> Position-1: POI point recorded.
      Position-1<->Position-2: Home Lock recorded.
      Green LED will blink quickly to indicate IOC point successfully recorded.​

RTH:X3 -> AUX3 -> Knob

• Initially mapped to knob to set gains on Autopilot page
  • After, set to GEAR switch:
    0-[STANDBY]
    1-[START]
  • If you switch F.MODE to [MANUAL] OR [ATTITUDE] then RTH is cancelled.

Flying - always start near the intended Home Lock or POI position.

Upon Power-Up:

• wait 5 secs for system to initialize.

Before Take-off:
Wait for GPS IOC integrity. Indication: 6 or more sats acquired for more than 8 seconds (red LED blinks once or no blinking >8secs).

• MC Automatically records IOC points after GPS IOC integrity is established.
    • For Course Lock: MC will record the current nose position :30 seconds after power-up. Can reset it manually after :30 seconds of power up.
    • For Home Lock: MC will record the location after throttle stick is raised for the first time. Only one recorded at any time. Same point used for Go-HOME and Landing FailSafe.
    • For POI: NO automatic recording documented.
  • OR Manually record IOC points after GPS IOC integrity is established.

IOC Modes
Note: Continuously spinning the craft in IOC will accumulate yaw errors. The LED will blink white to indicate excessive yaw errors. In this case, stop or slow down the spinning. You may continue forward flight after the blinking has stopped so as to have better flight performance.

Course Lock: F.MODE->[ATTITUDE] or [GPS/ATTITUDE]
To cancel: Change IOC to OFF. Or change F.MODE to [MANUAL].

Home Lock: F.MODE -> [GPS/ATTITUDE] and >10m away from recorded home point.
To cancel: Change IOC to OFF. Or change F.MODE to [MANUAL] or [ATTITUDE]

NOTE: If you select F.MODE to [ATTITUDE] mode during Home Lock, then Course Lock is set using the current - NOT RECORDED - forward flight direction.

1. IMPORTANT: If the craft flies within 10m of the home point, or you switch F.MODE to [ATTITUDE], the MC will automatically select Course Lock using the current - NOT recorded - forward flight direction automatically. This forward flight direction is NOT the recorded forward direction. However, if you now select course lock, the MC will now fly in course lock using the recorded - NOT current - forward flight direction.

POI: F.MODE ->[GPS/ATTITUDE] and >5M away from recorded point of interest.
NOTE: After POI engaged, craft will slowly rotate it's nose at point of interest.

To cancel: Change IOC to OFF. Or change F.MODE to [MANUAL] OR [ATTITUDE]. Or GPS status goes bad (3 blinking red lights). Or craft flies back within 5m or >500m from recorded POI.

Inflight Motor Failure:
FLAP/GYRO -> 2-[HOME LOCK]
Land ASAP

CAUTION: If F.MODE->[MANUAL], the motors will stop if the throttle stick goes below 10%!

Enhanced Fail-Safe Methods

Fail-safe is initiated when:

1. Signal lost between TX and RX. Or
  2. One or more connections between the MC and the RX is lost. Before flight, motors won't start. During flight, LED will flash blue. If Hovering fail-safe is configured and U channel signal is lost, then craft will auto land.

If RTH is initiated during flight via a configured switch on TX, LED will flash purple. If you switch F.MODE ->[MANUAL] or [ATTITUDE], then RTH is cancelled. F.MODE->[GPS/ATTITUDE] re-enabled RTH function.

NOTE: To use any form of GO-HOME - including the fail-safe return home, you must have GPS IOC integrity and a valid HOME position must be recorded prior to take-off.

Configurable Modes;
Hover: Signal lost? Craft will hover.

Go-Home: Signal lost? Craft will hover. Signal lost > 3 secs? Computes altitude and will climb if necessary(min altitude 20m) and flies home; hovers for 15secs, then lands.

Altitude Go-Home: Signal lost? Craft will hover. Signal lost > 3 secs? Computes altitude and will climb if necessary(min altitude 20m-300m as configured by user) and flies home; hovers for 15secs, then lands.

ChrisViperM

Thanks a lot for the efford to write this "cheater".....comes in very handy if you don't have the complete manual in your head....
How many times did I think about making one myself.....and always found a reason not to do it. :tennis:

Really great

Chris

Bluerex

Bookmarked!!!

Thanks Hal - perfect pocket guide for the noob (and the not so noob of course) :nevreness:

Charles.