Wookong-M 5.12a unbelievable behavior and ultimate crash

Vojec

... It may affect GPS, but not that dramatically...
I would disagree with that statement. Just remember Quebec and other cities in Canada and USA in 2004, or 2005. All electronic stuff and electricity sudden gone off or broke, because of huge solar storm. I would not underestimate that natural phenomenon. Better be calm and bird landed then late regret...
That all from my side guys :)... have fun and enjoy flying your bird ...

jbdww

The next time someone sees this, look at your receiver and see if it is blinking. This would be an indicator that the receiver lost signal.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
I have been on the cusp of buying into the Spreading Virgin... er... sorry... Wings/WKM/Zenmuse combo (peculiar fluffy romantic asian names !!) but these disappearing act stories, plus the fact that I actually witnessed the Flip Of Death in Atlanta last week, have really put a damper on it. Trouble is, I want another 'A' machine so that the AD-8 can become a proven, reliable backup. After witnessing the FOD we watched a newbie lift his S800/Z15/GH2 rig off the ground for the first time. Incredible video right off the bat on his first flight.

When its working it works really well. But what a horrible uncomfortable feeling, just waiting for it to unexpectedly go mad in two weeks/six months/three days/one month...

That and the legality problem of doing AP work commercially has convinced us to not replace our hexacopter/Wookong-m for a while. Sure will miss taking those videos though.