Wookong does not connect to computer

When I try to connect my wookong to my pc its not recognised at all? I had this problem before and sent it to Geoff at quadcopters and he set it up. Can anyone help?

just to be clear, is it not connecting to the Operating System, or is it just not finding it in the WKM assistant application?

has it ever connected on this same laptop/desktop you are using?

what OS
32/bit or 64/bit?
with it plugged in, can you screen shot your device manager if you are in Microshaft OS.

lets see if drivers are installed and device is recognized by the OS.

just to be clear, is it not connecting to the Operating System, or is it just not finding it in the WKM assistant application?

has it ever connected on this same laptop/desktop you are using?

what OS
32/bit or 64/bit?
with it plugged in, can you screen shot your device manager if you are in Microshaft OS.

lets see if drivers are installed and device is recognized by the OS.

I can open the wookong assistant software but when I connect to the wookong nothing changes, it doesn't read from the wookong unit, it did work before when I got it back from quadcopters.co.uk as I checked when I got it back so I could see the RTH working as I changed the switch.
I'll do a screen shot when I get home. Cheers Alan

ChrisViperM

1) Try to use a different USB cable....believe it or not, but a lot of USB cables are just not working.

2) Try a different USB port on your Laptop/PC

3) Once you power up the WooKong and than connect it to the USB port (under Windows) you should hear a sound (make sure your speakers are on). You also should be able to see any attached hardware via USB in your Windows device manager. Open your device manager and watch if the device manager "refreshes" once you plug in the WooKong. If you can mange to see your devicet, than you either get a message that the driver is not installed correctly (than install driver package), or it's just working. If you cant't get to the point that you hear a sound by plugging the WK, the problem is most likely your PC.

I had once connected my Wookong to a wrong-soldered LiPo which created a quick short. Everything looked fine afterwards, but it looked like I had fried something inside the Flight Control Unit......could connect it to the PC, got the sound but always got the message that the device was not recognized.....so even a faulty unit should connect to the PC (exept it's completely dead.

4) If all doesn't help, call the Ghost-Busters.....:tennis:

Chris

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Yeah, just try a few different USB ports. Only one of mine seems to work with DJI. Who knows why this is?! And you have to install the driver with the devices connected and powered on, at least I think you do.

elossam

Broken usb port in your wkm due to missalignment of the usb plug in previous connection . try to hold the plug forcing it a little to see if it connects in any orientation.