Wookong Configuration Error CFG-ERR(8)

Hello everyone,

I've been flying a Vulcan UAV X8 that I built about 6 months ago with no issues until today.

I was curious about setting up a model in my DX8 in Heli mode to try to access throttle curves. I made a new Heli model in the Tx and bound it to the Rx. Now when I power up the copter the led flashes red and the Assistant gives me a CFG-ERR(8) Configuration Error. I re-bound the Tx to the original ACRO model that I've been flying for months, but nothing changed. I still have the error, and DJI simply says to re-calibrate the Tx, which I've done a few times now. Has anyone seen this error? The led flashes red whether the DX8 is on or not, like it knows something is wrong as soon as it gets power. Ideas? Happy to provide more info. My copter is DOA until I work this out.

Thanks,
Parker

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Usually with Spektrum you have to bind twice. First to just say hello to the receiver, then, once you've calibrated the tx in the assistant, rebind with your failsafe set.

It really is just a programming error somewhere. Just go through things a few times and it will click. You using your normal flight battery to power up? Voltage cutoff set correctly? Erm, can't think of anymore at the moment. Keep pressing buttons!

Thanks for the response, but I'm still at a loss. I've gone through the binding procedure many times with two different Tx's (DX8 & DX7s) with the same poor results. Setup is Gear = U, Aux2 = X2, Aux3 = X3. Gear is setup as failsafe to the Mix switch, and I'm pulling the bind plug and triggering failsafe before I bind, with throttle above 10%. The wookong still gives me an error. U channel works (with a little subtrim) for GPS/Atti/Manual, and the X2 and X3 channels work. Mix switch triggers failsafe. Voltage cutoff is turned off. I'm using flight batteries fully charged. TAER all give no response in the Assistant. I'm at my wits end. Is there a way to wipe the Wookong and start over? Any other ideas floating around out there?

Thanks.

Benjamin Kenobi

No response in the assistant? That's the clue, should've mentioned that before. ;)

Have you changed the receiver connections before the problem happened? Could they simply be plugged in upside down?

Problem Solved.

Ya, that was the result of the config error...no response from the Tx in the Assistant. It's the most obvious things you forget to mention :)

So after 7 hours of going back and forth between the copter and the internet I found this: http://www.saetechnologies.com/cfg-err-naza/
which I am pretty sure is a scam that takes any "error" you search for and tells you their program can fix it. Probably malware itself. I do not recommend downloading it, BUT it made me realize the piece of the puzzle I hadn't investigated was the laptop I was running WKM Assistant on. I had no reason to suspect it, but when I installed WKM Assistant on my desktop and plugged in the copter...viola, all was right with the world. I still haven't figured out what's wrong with my laptop, but at this point I'm simply glad to be in the air again.

Thanks for your help in this.

Parker

Benjamin Kenobi

Ah, so that was all it was, the assistant! So copter was fine but program not responding.

I find some USB ports work, others don't. No idea why. And you have to have the Wookong plugged in and powered up when you install the DJI driver.

Happy flying mate! :)