Wookong Compass/GPS issue

Dr.phil

Hi guys

Just tested my first multirotor, DJI F550 with the wookong.
I have a couple of questions.

1. Compass calibration - I can not get the blue light, even though I flick the switch (man-atti-gps) several times. Tried a lot of times now but no luck. Noticed however that when I flick the switch 6-7 times the led stops glowing. If i then continue the calibration, everything looks right (green light after horisontal, then white light vertical)
Anybode excperience this??

2. When I hover in GPS mode, the red lights flashes constantly. What can I check?

meme

1) Try different speeds of flicking the switch
2) Is the red LED flashing fast (check your battery and voltage monitor) or slow? Are there only red flashes ? Wich LED`s show up when you hover in Atti?

-meme

Dr.phil

thanks, meme.
Everything looks good except I never see the blue led. Got a tip on another forum to remove all propellers, power up the tx and f550. Then turn the tx off. The blue led does not to light here either. So it looks like the blue led do not work.

meme

That seems strange to me, anyway... so, when you hover in GPS Mode with full GPS Coverage, you should see no LED flashing as there will be only the blue flash blinking if everything works.
Try to fix your voltage Monitor (turn it off for testing) for first and try again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
The red LED is probably the battery monitor. I have had lots of problems with this.

Try turning off the battery monitor and try fly again, it should go away.

Gunter.

Dr.phil

Thanks guys. The battery monitor is off.
I really think it's the blue led. WHen i go to calibration mode, the led shuts off instead of giving blue light. I still can calibrate since the green and white led glows. When I turn of my TX the blue light do not glow even though it should. Everything works except the blue light

I have contacted the shop and they agree and are going to send me a new one
Thanks anyway

talespa

The blue led only blinking when you turnoff your tx if fail safe mode has been programmed correctly in your TX and in assistant software.
The other manner that you can check the blue led are when you switch to GPS mode, the led unit blinking purple, that are a mix between blue and red lights

Dr.phil

A little update:
Just want to confirm that after I got a new LED everything works great.
It was in fact the blue LED that didn't work