Wont hover really

yeah both of them are 35c.. Thew batteries are correct.... I am going to take it to a open field today and try to get it off the ground without the gps.. I will see what it can do..

What I meant was that I (and I think someone above said it as well) was wondering if the GPS was part of the issue. So removing the GPS was a means to debugging the system. And now that you tried flying it without GPS and it was doing the same thing, then it sounds like GPS isn't part of the problem.

I personally do not think so. My thoughts is that it is voltage/current related. Have you considered swapping the Naza in your Phantom for this one for testing purposes? I personally think it's voltage/current related, as in the motors aren't getting what they need. Are you sure all your solder joints are solid? You mentioned this all started when you had to reassemble, so that's why I'm asking.

I personally do not think so. My thoughts is that it is voltage/current related. Have you considered swapping the Naza in your Phantom for this one for testing purposes? I personally think it's voltage/current related, as in the motors aren't getting what they need. Are you sure all your solder joints are solid? You mentioned this all started when you had to reassemble, so that's why I'm asking.

What is the best way to check on a power loss?

soler

I am wondering if this is your problem? you do know that the red line is a positive number? so you should show something like 0,0,10. I would even try 0,0,0 and see how that works out.

It seams that if it still has the problem with the GPS disconnected the location of the GPS in the software should have no effect.

I would look at the following
1) Re flash the naza with firmware
2) Ensure that from the software you are really moving from Manual to Att to GPS modes and that some thing has not been corrupted
2) Set a pot on your transmitter to adjust the vertical gain
4) To check to see if this is a voltage / power issue use a Lipo alarm to your balanced charge port on your batteries, you will be able to see if one cell is low voltage

Last edited by a moderator:

soler

on number 2 that is working.. I played with that already..

How would I reflash the fireware?

If you are not using the latest firmware then you can just upgrade another way would be to downgrade (test flight) and then re upgrade using below

1. Start the NAZA Assistant, go to Upgrade
2. Click on the blue text (No updates) next to Firmware e.g. 3.1 in the assistant under info. A pop-up box will appear.
3. Type the word 'door' there is no need to put your cursor anywhere, just type that word and another box will pop up.
4. Type 'test' for the user name and '125' for the password.
5. Follow the remaining instructions to 'upgrade' (in fact it's a downgrade) and the NAZA will be reverted.
6. After the progress bar is done, power cycle the Phantom.
7. Do a software compass re-calibration and when done, follow this by a manual compass calibration

I got this from http://www.djiguys.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=561

Does anyone think the center of gavity being off could be causing my troubles.. I just put it on two five gallon bucket from right to left and it was very front heavy..

soler

Does anyone think the center of gavity being off could be causing my troubles.. I just put it on two five gallon bucket from right to left and it was very front heavy..
Certainly if it is front heavy this will not make things any easier, try to re position your battery further back to compensate.

If you are not using the latest firmware then you can just upgrade another way would be to downgrade (test flight) and then re upgrade using below

1. Start the NAZA Assistant, go to Upgrade
2. Click on the blue text (No updates) next to Firmware e.g. 3.1 in the assistant under info. A pop-up box will appear.
3. Type the word 'door' there is no need to put your cursor anywhere, just type that word and another box will pop up.
4. Type 'test' for the user name and '125' for the password.
5. Follow the remaining instructions to 'upgrade' (in fact it's a downgrade) and the NAZA will be reverted.
6. After the progress bar is done, power cycle the Phantom.
7. Do a software compass re-calibration and when done, follow this by a manual compass calibration

I got this from http://www.djiguys.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=561

The only problem is once i do this it wont let me leave the screen till i update it again?

soler

Let it update, it should put a fresh version of the firmware onto the naza so this the rules out if this is the problem.

The reason that I suggest to put a new version on the Firmware on is because I had the same issue but with APM2.5 (not a Naza). When I uploaded the software to the APM there was a issue doing this from my Mac however the APM seamed to be fully functional, apart from Altitude hold was not possible, no matter what settings I used I could not get it to hold until one day out of frustration I reflashed the APM from a windows PC and everything was fine. I have not had the same issue with a Naza but considering my frustration trying to find the problem I would give this is go.

Did you have any luck after you rebalanced the the centre of gravity?

Last edited by a moderator:

SLAP ME... I took it to a local hobby shop and we balanced the props as I didn't have a prop balancer ( Now I do)... He also made a adjustment to the right and left on the stick.. I had it backwards.. It flys good now all i have to do is find some new 8 inch props...I am still flying with 10 inch props till I can find some..