Hoverfly Wont arm/Purple GPS BUT over 90% lock in OSD??

RESOLVED Wont arm/Purple GPS BUT over 90% lock in OSD??

Ive just installed my Pro and GPS boards in a new frame after some time in its box.

Ive updated to 4.6 r2.
Done all calibrations and got all the relevent tickes in boxes, Acc, Mag and Temp.
Everything in the setup client is good.
The radio is setup correctly ready to tume from scratch (25 in the setup client)
The GPS (older DIY Drones 'nipple' type) is getting great connection according to the OSD, greater than 90%
BUT....
The GPS board stays flashing purple.
When trying to arm i get two beeps and it wont arm.

When trying the motor directios out last night indoors it would arm, this was with old 3.? software.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Wayne

Last edited by a moderator:

I am actually experiencing the same thing. I can arm after about 6 tries, so inconsistent. Not sure what is causing it yet.

Yes, both are 4.6r2.

Couldn't get mine to arm at all.

just taken off the GPS board to fly just with the pro. Took ages as the boards are inside the frame. All works fine now without the GPS board.

Ive raised a ticket, lets hope there in an answer as I want to use the GPS and give it a good testing before I restart my AP Y6 project again.

W

A reply from HFP support has lead me to a resolution. I think my SD card wasn't inserted correctly or wasn't being registered. After putting it all aback together and having the SD card in and out to check for a file, it works just like it should. Arms fine now.

thanks HF!

S11D336B

George - Hoverfly
With v4.6 the HoverflyPro won't arm if the HoverflyGPS has an error condition (flashing purple). You just need to wait for the HoverflyGPS to go red indicating it is waiting for a fix.

I am actually experiencing the same thing. I can arm after about 6 tries, so inconsistent. Not sure what is causing it yet.