WKM versions question

Hello All, I am still on 5.08 and have been enjoying my flying. I read somewhere that upgrades can help with the gimbal control? I have both a AeroXcraft and a AlwareRC, and have started using them.. notice my roll range is short, and the movements aren't as smooth.. no matter what my gains are at.

Is there a link where we can see the bug fix/enhancements etc. etc...?

I am also interested after hearing about a version that can allow a hexa to fly home with one motor out.

thanks all.

KS

jrlederer

Are you able to elaborate as to what issues you speak of? Of particular interest is whether these problems, whatever they may be, are biased towards those NOT using the Futaba S-Bus option for control inputs. The reason I ask is that I rushed out a couple months back to buy a WKM-View (900 MHz data radio version), but then reports were posted by many that made me question my decision to buy, and further my decision as to whether to even try the system out, considering I've had very good results using what I've been using from the beginning: Mikrokopter electronics. Lo and behold, it's been almost 3 months now -- still haven't even mounted the system on any frame, nor even opened the plastic bags within the packaging -- still new in box! I've been tempted to try it lately, but especially if there's some trouble to be had if using traditional receiver (category I fall under), then I'm better off to just wait until a better solution evolves. In that case, anyone want to purchase this NIB (new in box) WKM-View 900MHz flight controller with ground station from me for MSRP - 15%? If I'm not gonna use it until they probably release a different model eventually, wouldn't I just be better off selling it rather than letting it gather dust? Then there's also the new Autoquad 6 as well as the ZeroUAV controller to consider, as well.

What's a guy supposed to do in a situation like this!? I tell you one thing for certain: if I could do it all over again, I would become a late-adopter of any of the new products that get released, as jumping in first just breeds regret and stress. How many more impulse-buys am I going to have to make (get suckered into) before I learn to use what I've got that works. That is, until someone else spends the $ and time to figure out most importantly PROVE that a better solution exists before going out and spending the money myself?.

Enough ranting for one evening, although I am serious that if somebody wants to take this package (WKM View 900) off my hands, it could be a great deal of both buyer and seller, providing a great deal for whomever is interested while freeing up funds with which to waste on other products that at least haven't been reported to be incompatible with what I've aleady got!

--Jonathan
http://www.dji-innovations.com/products/wookong-m/downloads/

But I recommend to stay at 5.08 at present. I went back to 5.08.
There seem to be some unsolved issues regarding reliability wit 5.10 and 5.12/5.12a, even with hexa.

Frank

@ Jonathan,

I am sorta in the same boat... I also have 900mhz datalink, NIB... I am just trying to find a good config.. version, gimbal, etc. etc.. before even trying the datalink.

the reason I posted on what version to use, is because I started using 2 axis gimbal.. I want to start understanding how each firmware handles the gimbal. I have heard that some version has poor controls, some are more limited range then others, etc..

I also recently purchase some cheapies servos to compare with the Alware MD260's.. I believe the ones I purchase as like "DS260"s.. or something like that. I do notice the gimbal quality. I can easily notice the "notchin" movements in the cheapos then the Alwares..

I am now going to look for some Futaba servos and try those out.

As for software, seems like others with the f550 frame that had issues, seems to like going back too 5.08.

KS

Kilby

I've been flyin 5.12 with no problems at all on my hexacopter. A lot of people report problems as the fault of the firmware, when in fact they are not. Almost all of the problems I've seen from F550 owners are, in my opinion, from the ESCs and not the firmware. People have reported sudden flips and extreme twitches, but it's pretty much confirmed now that it's from the poor design of the stock ESC bullet connectors. Maybe something in the newest fw is less forgiving of the ESC, but that is the actual under lying problem.

I use a different kind of ESC and motor on my F550, so I haven't seen any of those issues.

My 2 cents anyway.