WKM - Manaul Mode

DIPswitch

I am figuring out that if I add too much DR/Expo into my controller , for manual flight , I am not able to get motors to start up by going down and out.
Is there some info on this somewhere? How can I add DR/Expo to controller and still be able to start/stop motors?

Thanks

Can't answer that question but have one for you..... why would you want to adjust dual rate and/or exponential?
It seems quite docile even in manual mode relative to the F550 etc. (probably because of the longer arms) unless you are trying to do aerobatics.

I am figuring out that if I add too much DR/Expo into my controller , for manual flight , I am not able to get motors to start up by going down and out.
Is there some info on this somewhere? How can I add DR/Expo to controller and still be able to start/stop motors?

Thanks

DIPswitch

I would want to adjust DR/Expo to adjust the way the multi rotor flys in manual. (Its not a flamewheel 550)
and in doing so, when I reached a certain point, I was unable to start my motors. Not trying to do any stunts, just trying to make manual flying a bit smoother all the way around.

azure

I fly manual mode with the same combination DX8 and AR8000 on WKM FC'd 1200mm Vulcan Octo and S800. I've reduced my rates in manual mode so that it allows for a similar stick response when switching between atti and manual in flight. Because the rate is no longer at 100% while in manual, the CSC command won't work for start up. The only way I've found to work around this is to start in atti or gps mode at full rate, and then switch over to manual and reduced rate once the props have spooled up to idle speed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DIPswitch

yes, thats what I have found I must do in order to start up. Switch to different mode. Only a bit different, I must switch ele/ail to a different position to start up. Switching into atti or gps mode was not doing it for me.
Now to get the throttle dialed and get rid of the (airbag deploying) altitude change...

I'm new to MRs, but wouldn't it make sense to create various conditions with the transmitter and ties it to a switch, or even the Man/Att/GPS switch? At least that's what I've done, though still learning how to best fine tune my setup. What I did for my 8FG (don't know if works on Dx8) is I setup the "normal" condition to 100 to 100. Then after takeoff. I flip to a second or third condition which has less authority (e.g. 60 to 60) and increased exponential curve. I'm hoping some of you more experienced guys can maybe weigh in on this approach and any issues with that?