WKM - IMU Data Lost?

Hey There Guys,

Setup S800/WKM/Zenmuse and flew for the first time yesterday. 2 Successful 5-6 Minute Flight Tests in GPS Atti Only - No IOC. Went back to the field for a 3rd Flight Test and went into IOC - Course Lock and climbed to about 50 Feet. Then I started receiveing a series of "White Bleeps" and the Copter started acting crazy. As I got it closer to Home, it started with a Series of "Green Bleeps." Landed Safely and immediately off of throttle. Checked wiring and voltage, fired the motors back up and all was fine........until about 2 Minutes into the 4 Flight Test. Same thing happened again.

Has anyone had any experience with IMU Data Loss - Light Description? Could it be positioning of GPS? I am at (1, 0, 18)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Hover,

had a similar issue on my CX 4. The problem was a faulty PMU or lets say the can bus on the IMU. Have you noticed that the green flashes appear when you change the throttle input specially when the bird climbs ?
Don't think it has anything to do with the positioning of the GPS !

Boris

Thanks again Boris for your Time. Let me run one more thing by you......

I just realized that I had one of my arms out of orientation......NOT with Blade Rotation, but with the LED's. I had my "RED" LED's on M1 & M6 instead of M1 & M2. I just started the motors on the ground and throttled up just before take-off and it seemed normal. However, the problem started about 2 minutes into the flight. Do you think that not having the correct ARM on M2 could have anything to do with Poor/Bad Attitude Status causing it to go into IMU Data Loss?

Don't know if I should try to take it into the air or not. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Chad

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Nope arms in the wrong position would not cause the IMU data loss ! They are not addressed in anyway or recognized by the WKM like a network card would be, so the system would not be effected !

Concerning flying or not in this state I can't really answer the question. I wouldn't since we all don't really know how badly data loss can influence the whole system. At the same time the data loss could be because of a can bus error which could eventually result in issue with other components.

You really should contact support and get info from them what the problem could be or if it's safe to fly or not !

Boris

leemann

Hey Boris! I am over here too! Still haven't had time this weekend to do anymore troubleshooting with this issue yet. I want to rule out that the LED is indicating anything else first as well.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
HI Leeman,

the only other reason for green flashes are because of IOC or POI feature. REcodring the forward direction, locking unlocking corse results in green flash. If you guys don't touch anything and the LED flashes green than its the indication for IMU data loss. The way its in your video lee man in my eyes has nothing to do with IOC or POI

Boris

leemann

And you are sure that is a green light right? and not a yellow? I saw a clear green light, the GPS lock that comes on within a minute of takeoff and it is a clear green different from the color of the LED in my video.

Hey Boris! I am over here too! Still haven't had time this weekend to do anymore troubleshooting with this issue yet. I want to rule out that the LED is indicating anything else first as well.
Did you solve the issue of the green flashes? I have had some as well and would like to know if there is a solution

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

specg

I have same problem with my WKM (sw version 5.22). dont know what happened though.. just booted up one day (indoors) and all I get is a green light (in Att. mode) and NO other lights in any other mode!.. just blank.. I can only get a light (green flash) when I go in to Att, mode.

I do have the new vibration kit and my IMU is positioned on the plate thats included in the kit. I have however, had to unplug the IMU from the PMU a few times to detach the S800 from its landing gear.

(USING standard LED in KIT) I have

- flashed older firmware.. same issue
- recalibrated GPS and compass.. once i toggle the GPS,Manual switch a few times there is no blue light at the beginning just blank but if I spin around (horizontal) complete circle a green light will appear, and when i do it vertically it just goes blank (my switch is at GPS mode)

(USING BT LED KIT)
same thing but I only have red lights now..

Tried another IMU from a known working F450 with normal lights - same thing.. my S800 only gets green light with standard LED kit and only red light with BT LED kit..

Please advise.. why is there no DJI support for this issue?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gbillerty

Same trouble for me... Rapid continuous green flashing led.

When I fly easy and smooth, it seem ok but as soon as I raise throttle rapidly, the rapid continuous green led starts and stay there. According to what I've read, it can be caused by Bad IMU (defective), bad IMU location (ie. too close from wires or Power Dist. board) and it could be a defective Can Bus.

There is nothing to see with IOC as the green Led is continuous and fast.

I think I will have to send the IMU to the dealer...