WKM Funny things are happening ... Finger trouble?

RCJardin

Not so new and improving
I have been running WKM 2.22 with odd problems such as attempted fly away I put down to finger trouble. Recently been flying nervously low level without incident until today. I landed in a bit of a rush from doing tests in my garden with my mind distracted by a request from my wife to take an urgent phone call. Later when I prepared to take off again the F550 hexacopter had forgotten it had six motors! I armed the machine and it just turned a few props as I increased the throttle. When I gave more throttle the other motors decided to start and it then had power to take off (6ft of the ground only). What is going on, what have I done? I have now after checking original settings installed 2.24 and reconfigured my Futaba 8FG but the same fault is apparent. Any idea anyone?
The learning curve so far now includes not answering the phone while flying whatever the reason.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
There are certain critical tasks that cannot accommodate distractions without serious negative consequences such as: 1) Getting called away in the middle of a vehicle oil change!!!!! 2) Configuring or flying your MR 3) answering the phone in the middle of brain and/or heart surgery etc...... :tennis:...... that needs to be made clear to others before you begin......... There are a lot of people who are having issues configuring their RC radios correctly so that their MR controllers, i.e., Naza and/or WooKongs are not getting the expected commands. Make sure you follow Jon DesJardin's excellent youtube videos on how to configure your system, i.e., Naza or WKM with the Futaba T8FG. I have avoided using firmware version 5.22 and 5.24 because of suspected bugs and am remaining with 5.20 for now.

eyeball

Sometimes the motors can spool up at different times and this can be due to the level of the craft on the ground and also if the Motor idle speed is a little low in your assistant.