WKM Bluetooth LED Remote Gain Adjusting

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
When doing remote gain adjustment via the BT LED, do you have to plug a mini USB from the LED to the Wookong-M MC in order to make remote adjustments via the iPhone app?

No, the idea is that you can configure your WKM in the field without a laptop. You power on the WKM, connect with your phone or pad, and set your gains or whatever else you wish to configure. You obviously need to be with Bluetooth range, so you might go fly a while, come back and tweak gains, then go back out and fly.

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
No, the idea is that you can configure your WKM in the field without a laptop. You power on the WKM, connect with your phone or pad, and set your gains or whatever else you wish to configure. You obviously need to be with Bluetooth range, so you might go fly a while, come back and tweak gains, then go back out and fly.
I understand, but how do the settings from the iPhone via Bluetooth make it in to the MC? Also, I'm trying to find the directions for pairing the BT LED to my iPhone.

ChrisViperM

I understand, but how do the settings from the iPhone via Bluetooth make it in to the MC

The settings are transferred via the Can-Bus cable to the MC.

Also, I'm trying to find the directions for pairing the BT LED to my iPhone.

Before pairing the LED with the iPhone, hook the LED (once everything is connected) to your PC with the Assistent Software to see if there is any update for the LED.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
The settings are transferred via the Can-Bus cable to the MC.

Before pairing the LED with the iPhone, hook the LED (once everything is connected) to your PC with the Assistent Software to see if there is any update for the LED.

Chris
THanks Chris! I already got it to pair! All I have to do is recalibrate the compass and set my gains for flight. I see that they added the calibration feature to the Tools menu. That's awesome as it was a pain the other way. Then I will have to set the gains.
Do you have any suggestions for initial gain settings for a F550 using a 4S flat-pack battery? Please advise further.
After that, I'm going to try the RTH switch and the IOC's at the flying field this weekend.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
Ok. Cool.
In the iOs app, do I leave the INH drop-down alone and just change the values for each gain directly?

ChrisViperM

Yes....the drop-down is only to choose a channel if your want to adjust the gain with your Transmitter...via LED it is much more comfortable.

Chris

PilotHal

Real Pilot, RC's Too
Yes....the drop-down is only to choose a channel if your want to adjust the gain with your Transmitter...via LED it is much more comfortable.
Chris
Awesome. Thanks so much.
Now the final question: Will Return-To-Home work via my switch?

iflynavy

Sorry Hal that I didn't understand the question. As Chris said, the LED talks to the MC via Can-Bus. All settings changes are immediate.

Any chance you know where this download is? It's not listed on the support page. I did find it googling it at one point but it needed authentication like it was the "preview site" for DJI or something.

Any chance you know where this download is? It's not listed on the support page. I did find it googling it at one point but it needed authentication like it was the "preview site" for DJI or something.
Sorry... The download for what? The Bluetooth firmware is downloaded via the Wookong Software Assistant. The iPhone application is in iTunes and its called "WM Assistant". I hope I pointed you to the download you were looking for.

iflynavy

Sorry... The download for what? The Bluetooth firmware is downloaded via the Wookong Software Assistant. The iPhone application is in iTunes and its called "WM Assistant". I hope I pointed you to the download you were looking for.

So there isn't an assistant just for this?

Trying to figure out how to pair.

Sorry for delay in responding. But the Assistant Software you will use is the Wookong Assistant Software. The only think you use it for us to update the firmware. To pair the Bluetooth LED to your phone, just turn on the WKM+LED, turn on Bluetooth on the phone, and start the WM Assistant app and the app will scan and identify any Wookongs that are on within range.
Hope that helps.

bluetoth on pc

the idea is that you can configure your WKM in the field without a laptop.

(i dont own or want an £500 iphone just to adjust gains once while in the field)

I would like to know if you CAN!!!! configure in the field with a laptop via bluetooth (with bluetooth 4 dongle for a windows machine)
anyone know categorically YES or NO have asked dji just got fobbed of with contact dealer they won't answer either

thanks anyone

thanks for that ifynavy
One question when you say just tried it for you i assume you have a bluetooth 4 low power dongle in you machine otherwise your bluetooth led wont communicate with you windows machine and bluetooth 4 low power dongles are very new.

thanks

B

Bengit

the idea is that you can configure your WKM in the field without a laptop.

(i dont own or want an £500 iphone just to adjust gains once while in the field)

I would like to know if you CAN!!!! configure in the field with a laptop via bluetooth (with bluetooth 4 dongle for a windows machine)
anyone know categorically YES or NO have asked dji just got fobbed of with contact dealer they won't answer either

thanks anyone

Try reading the spec for the Wookong assistant. It's states iOS and the hardware required