WKM and ESC:s in bigger hexas and octos

Kari

Ok, it has been a while for last discussion here for WKM compatible esc:s in heavy lifts, and people have got more flying experience with wkm in bigger multis so it would be nice to know where are we right now? Please tell about your setups and how they fly. My Cinestar 6 is now reasonably stabile with maytech V1 and V2 esc:s and QC3328 motors but i'm still looking for extremely stabile platform and there's always something you can do/have better. Have anyone used DJI esc:s in bigger hexas/octos? How are latest versions of Herkules II working these days with wkm? I'd really appreciate sharing your knowledge and experience in this theme.

Also have you find any major tweaks to gains which make wkm/bigger multis behaviour better in wind? I'm still looking to mikrocopter direction if it's still most stabile platform for bigger birds over dji?

Kari

Ok, it has been a while for last discussion here for WKM compatible esc:s in heavy lifts, and people have got more flying experience with wkm in bigger multis so it would be nice to know where are we right now? Please tell about your setups and how they fly. My Cinestar 6 is now reasonably stabile with maytech V1 and V2 esc:s and QC3328 motors but i'm still looking for extremely stabile platform and there's always something you can do/have better. Have anyone used DJI esc:s in bigger hexas/octos? How are latest versions of Herkules II working these days with wkm? I'd really appreciate sharing your knowledge and experience in this theme.

Also have you find any major tweaks to gains which make wkm/bigger multis behaviour better in wind? I'm still looking to mikrocopter direction if it's still most stabile platform for bigger birds over dji?

Kari

Moi Kari! ;-)

I right now waiting for my new mk setup... Decided to make a fast change to be able to make a quick comparison.

What triggered the change was the fact that I didn´t get stabile video, not with Picloc or even less with WK-M stabi.

High rev smaller props (11x5") and DJI gave a "stressed up" behavior that I didn´t like, that I believe also has bad influence on Picloc.
The WK-M stabi did not work for me, as it don´t have full tilt movement, nor ability to adjust roll from the transmitter..

I (as you) look for a super smooth and stabile platform, that I think only will be possible with larger 14" props and lower revs... We´ll see.

//Lars

Kari

God kväll Lars, :)

Stressed up behavior is exactly what is problem right now. It's flying fine now in dead calm but even in slight gusts it's stresses up and haven't found gains setup yet to help for this so it would also work in different wind conditions. I've been waiting for a magical fw update to fix windy behaviour, i just hope i don't need to wait too long ;)

I don't know if i find any help from going through testing all available ESC:s if it's something else. I just like so much simplicity and reliability of WKM.

Well, I totally agree about the ease and user friendly interface, but I hate waiting, and I have a couple of years flying with an mk Okto and now what I can expect..

It was not an easy decision, but for me it seems to be the shortest way to get satisfied.

There are many other aspects to consider as well, like telemetry with my MX-20, waypoint ability from start, and "come home" function without being in failsafe mode.. All std in the mk.

//Lars

Kari

I have zero experice with MK, so step is longer for me. Functions and extensibility in MK are really a statement. Still would be relief to hear someone is flying WKM with Cinestar or similar size multi satisfied to windy conditions. I see a lot of potential in wkm, and we need to remember it's only been out for few months. Still not happy to wait for a super update if it ever sees daylight, particularly when there's already a solution available.

Agree! I think the competition is really good, and will probably force both dragons to show who will meet users requests the fastest... (at least we can hope for it).

Meanwhile, I will try to focus on flying and making aerial videos instead.. :dejection:

//Lasse