Wiring the Receiver to the MC to control the GPS options ??????

I JUST DISCOVERED WHAT CHANNEL TO USE - X1. I HAD THAT IN USE FOR MY GIMBALS AND DIDN'T REALISE THAT I CANNOT HAVE BOTH - SADLY. THANKS ANYWAY FOLKS - GOT IT ALL SETUP ON fMODE AND AUX2 SWITCHES NOW - GREAT STUFF.

I have recently bitten the bullet and purchased the NAZA GPS upgrade. I have it mounted and plugged in correctly, and have a lead going from AUX3 on my Rx to then U input on the MC. I use a JR DSX9 2.4 GHz radio and 9 channel AR9000 Spektrum Rx.

After fiddling with the channel assignments, I managed to get my FMode switch to handle the switching between GPS/Attitude and Manual (or Fail Safe). So far so good.

Now I am trying ot get the IOC system to function, but with no success at all. I assume that I need to lug a different channel on my Rx to be driven from a 2 way switch, but cannot work out WHERE I should plug that Rx channel into on the MC ?

I have seen various videos of radio setup with mixes, but cannot really understand what effect they are creating ? I assumed that I could possibly "mix" my gear switch output to the AUX 3 channel on the Rx, but that just kills the functionality of the Fmode switch entirely.

I am sure it isn't that difficult, but I really do want to use the IOC system, and I feel sure that a 9 channel system should let me do so as people say they have managed it with 6 channel systems. ?

Any help would really be welcome.
Cheers - Ian

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

I use a JR9503 with either an AR8000 or an AR7010. Plug your Aux 1 into the U channel, and Gear into X1 and Aux 2 into X2, the V-Sense goes into X3. Enable the Fmode in the menu for your mode switch. Your Aux 2 switch now controls IOC and the Gear controls Failsafe. If you need gimbal tilt control then you are SOL, however, you can go back to setting a mix to force failsafe and that will free up a channel for tilt control.

Hi there Ed

Thanks very much for that feedback. My confusion was because I set up manual gimbal control first, so I was using the channel needed for IOC. I was also very surprised to find that my auto gimbal steadying for roll and pitch still works despite there being no manual gain control on it any more !

I now have the GPS working - Yippee, just need to take it out to a large open space and work out the "real" orientation of the GPS antennae to avoid toilet bowl effect and get the hovering positon hold as accurate as possible.

I am sure I will be back here with yet more questions as I progress with this.....