Wire problem

Kratos

Ok I live in Europe and dont have american standard AWG, anyway I order wire over Ebay from China. First AWG 16, but I didnt look at temperature till I got wires, one is 200 C and other is 80 C, but when I look section although they have same (I guess chopper) section they doesnt look same? Can I combine them or not? Second problem is ESC it has servo three wires, but length is short so I ordered two times extended cabel but I am not sure I got what I ordered, they look ticker to me? Help!

Attachments

• 20160430_174038.jpg
    20160430_174038.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 248
  • 20160430_174254.jpg
    20160430_174254.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 411
  • 20160430_174048.jpg
    20160430_174048.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 408

Yes you can combine them. The temp rating probably has to do with the insulation.
The servo leads will be fine too. Red (positive) is always in the middle, black/brown is negative. The other wire (white/yellow) is for signal.

Kratos

tnx bro, I decided not to use these extended servo cables. I will put ESC inside drone and I will not need to use extensions, other question, is it important to twist servo wire, I see many people do that because interference with signals, but there is no right answer for this. Also do I twist only servo or do I do that with all wires?

No you don't have to twist it. If you mount your esc's on the end of the arms there could be a problem with inductance but if you are mounting them near the center its reduced to the point where its not a concern. Some people twist the positive and negative power leads (not servo leads) going to the esc to counteract and cancel out magnetic field around the wire so it doesn't interfere with the signal wire to the esc but its really splitting hairs and not entirely necessary. On the other hand if you really want to be picky about things then go ahead and twist the power leads going to the esc. It looks nicer and more professional.

violetwolf

Also binding the wires tightly side by side (like on the ribbon cable) will cancel magnetic fields. This is why they use ribbon cables on servo wires :)

Kratos

ehh I already twist ESC and used hairdryer to warm them up so when they cool down they stay twisted... and power cords from motor used tarot protection sleave but it is too short... Do I need to twist them too :( also colors. Red is + black is - blue is controll?

Attachments

• 20160502_142457.jpg
    20160502_142457.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 239
  • 20160502_142514.jpg
    20160502_142514.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 392
  • 20160502_142900.jpg
    20160502_142900.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 355

No you don't need to twist them. The "protection sleeve" is nice but they never seem to give you quite enough. I only used it on my Tarot where the arm pivots and the wire could rub. Are you running the wires inside your arms or outside? On the 3 wires question. Going to the ESC, red is + and black is -. Coming from the ESC to the motor the color doesn't really matter. Each wire is one phase of power to the motor (its a 3 phase motor). Hook them up to match the colors at first so they are all the same on every motor, then all of your motors will turn the same direction. Once you confirm which direction that is you will notice that half of your motors are turning the wrong way. Swap any 2 colors of the wires going to the motor and that will reverse the direction of that motor. Obviously with the props off. This step will be done when the craft is nearly complete and you are going through the setup process.

Kratos

tnx I almost forget that I need to change wires for different directions but I have some things to finish :)