Will Video/Rx/Control Tx integration be the norm of the future? Your opinion?

Cra-Z-1

Just something interesting that me a couple of my co-workers were discussing today about FPV and control hardware configurations for the future...

Do you think that Video LCD, Receiver, and flight controller/transmitter be the normal integration of the future? I see that Walkera has a new system out that has the Receiver and LCD built into the transmitter.

The drawbacks that I can see are location, and size of the LCD more than anything; the plus side maybe of simplicity if you just want to charge batteries and go.

My opinion is that I think most people like to search for and put together what they like and what their goals for a perfect setup is. I've found that there is alot to learn going that route though.

Stacky

Just something interesting that me a couple of my co-workers were discussing today about FPV and control hardware configurations for the future...

Do you think that Video LCD, Receiver, and flight controller/transmitter be the normal integration of the future? I see that Walkera has a new system out that has the Receiver and LCD built into the transmitter.

The drawbacks that I can see are location, and size of the LCD more than anything; the plus side maybe of simplicity if you just want to charge batteries and go.

My opinion is that I think most people like to search for and put together what they like and what their goals for a perfect setup is. I've found that there is alot to learn going that route though.

FPV video screen built in to our Radios would be great. Telemetry on the video OSD. I will be googling the Walkera system

Toymaker

Crashologist
I think it will be a mix. There are people who want to buy a complete unit and want to charge it up and go. There are others who want to build as much as they can themselves. There are some people who also have the cash up front to get a completely loaded system, and others who have to build as they go.

Stacky

I think it will be a mix. There are people who want to buy a complete unit and want to charge it up and go. There are others who want to build as much as they can themselves. There are some people who also have the cash up front to get a completely loaded system, and others who have to build as they go.

The Walkera radio screen looks good from what i can tell. Hopefully its bright enough. It would be a great aid to have if one lost orientation while flying LOS. I have no idea if Walkera radios are any good though.

Cra-Z-1

Sorry....

Here is a link for those that are interested...

http://www.xheli.com/walkera-x350pro-gimble-ilook-f7-58g.html

Good price. Might help keep DJI in check. I'm MUCH more than that into my Phantom setup. Think I like my large screen better, but the majority of the cost was definately NOT in the screen and antennas.

It IS nice that they made this compatible with Fatsharks, also.

Last edited by a moderator:

pizzano

Just An Old CCPM'er
Cra-Z-1......

Check this out:

http://www.jetiusa.com/product.php?id=4

Kinda what your question relates too!..........also browse the entire web site for more goodies.

I have not personally put my hands on one of these (a little pricey), but I have seen one in use at the field I frequent (old Norton AFB)....guy was flying a big pusher plank filming the air field....so I was told when I asked "what the heck is that"....LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Cra-Z-1

That Jeti system does look nice; and yes, spendy. There is an advertisement in Model Aviation Magazine that shows one of these, and an LCD all attached to a special mounting system and harness that looks primo. One thing I generally dont like about a transmitter mounted LCD screen, is the balance offset. I tried a conventional mount at first and hated it, so I went the tripod method, and am happy with it; pistol grip style.