XAircraft Will the superx have a fast blinking red

Not sure if this helps but I have a SuperX and I'm very pleased with it but I did have problem with SBUS. I could not get it to work at all so had to resort to the standard wiring for the radio gear. I'm using the Futaba R7008SB receiver. I did contact XA regarding this as I know there have been some issues but they were not a great deal of help so at the moment I am just flying without SBUS to get some experience but I am going to need to get it working at some point.

Pumpkinguy

I certainly won't settle for no sbus. That's part of the reason I used this FC. I am mounting my Rx out on an arm and I don't want 8 wires going out there. Also, without sbus I won't have enough channels.
Maybe they shipped out a bunch of I/O version 1's labeled v2.

Not sure why v1 units would be labeled v2 units. That's deceit right? Can't believe they would do that. I appreciate your point re the 8 wires but for me it is only about getting extra channels out of the one receiver. What receiver are you using?

Pumpkinguy

I wasn't suggesting they did it on purpose. Possibly by accident thus the sbus issues stated by a few people online. 14sg with 7008.

Sure. Well you have exactly the same radio gear as me so it will be interesting if either of us can get SBUS working. One thing I would mention is that there is a lot of confusion as to how to get the mode up in the R7008SB receiver and as I do not have any SBUS servos it is very difficult to test things out without connecting it to the SuperX and things working as expected. The only problem is it doesn't. All I get is a fast flashing red which means error. Yep pretty frustrating.

Pumpkinguy

I know I keep going back to the video I posted on the first page but that guy has a differebt radio and tried a couple differebt receivers. This is a super x problem not a rx tx issue.

Well since I initially tried to set up SBUS I have found some thugs in the SuperX manual that I did not do so I'm going to have to go though the whole setup process again at some point before I can accept that it is an XA issue but at the moment I'm just enjoying flying the SuperX and gaining some experience.

Pumpkinguy

I have been dealing with an awesome dealer. I don't think he is an advertiser here so I won't mention his name. He is gonna try and figure it out if not he will issue a credit and I will buy the A2. It will be a real disappointment for me cause I heard so many great things about SX.

If you do get a clear answer from your reseller about how to setup the SuperX with SBUS can you post something here as I'm sure it will be of interest to many others. As for the SuperX being s good controller I do not have much experience as I only have a SuperX and relatively new to this but it was pretty simple to setup for me and my X650 flys really well in all modes with GPS hold being super impressive.

Pumpkinguy

I'm pretty sure the dealer doesn't know how to fix the problem. I've done every test he asked me to which came directly from XA support. I think he will verify its "f'ed" and I'll be ordering a A2 :-(.
Saying that, yes, absolutely I will report back here.

One thing I would add is that when I spoke to XA when I was having the issues I did ask them to confirm that the R7008 receiver had been tested with SBUS with the SuperX and they confirmed that they had tested it and they also had many of their users using it with SBUS so unless they were lying we can at least accept that it is not a compatibility issue and can only be something that we are doing wrong. I hope so anyway.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
If it is any consolation XA have always been Futaba orientated, I do know Anthony at XA Australia runs S-Bus on his SX/Futaba although I don't know the model, you can contact him at international@xaircraft.com.

I also have run S-Bus from the start but I use a Taranis so is of no value to you

X

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Another example of sbus problems with this FC.

LOL I responded to that user on YouTube he then joined another forum and we sorted his problem out, he simply over complicated a very simple process and bound RX/TX the wrong way.

I do believe he now flies S-Bus/SX/Taranis without problems

X

Pumpkinguy

I've tried everything. Channel mode b and d on futaba. 12 and 14 channel mode and tried one last time tonite and couldn't open the software. Wtf. Sending back tomorrow.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Here’s a big question... I had this problem with my Freefly Movi M5.. are you using Sbus or Sbus2?
The new Sbus2 most likely will not work.

I was going ape nuts with my Movi and it would not work, and I realized I was using the T10J and trying to plug in “sub2” not just Sbus...
I switched radios to an older 8Super with normal Sbus and it was perfect straight out of the box.

Pumpkinguy

On the 7008 rx the sbus is actually channel 8 and is vertical. (Parallel to #1-7)
Sbus 2 is below that and is the only horizontal port.
My wiring was checked and rechecked. I'm pretty confident it's not something stupid like that. :-(

Pumpkinguy

Shipped it back today. It will be very interesting what the dealer finds out. I will update you guys on what happens and whether I stick with SX or move over to A2

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I have both, the SuperX has been WAY more reliable than the A2... But when the A2 is good it’s very nice.
Don;t sleep on the WKM, as it’s been way more solid than the A2.