Why do you use the Herkules?

There are many that use the Herkules and I was just exploring the reasons and thinking behind choosing this board?

It is an expensive solution but looks to be a very well engineered product and possibly a more reliable and simple solution.

Indeed reliability alone is more than a sufficient reason for me seriously to consider this product.

Am I interested in the pros and cons of the Herkules III.

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
Heavy-lift copters are becoming more commonplace now. Being able to fly with a large camera such as big DSLRs and REDs is possible due to the availability of 6S power systems. But not everybody wants to implement their own power distro systems. Herkules is one option. Mikrokopter recently introduced a similar system (that’s what I am using in my new build). The MK gear is well-integrated and provides superior logging and control, which I consider critical for optimizing flight characteristics and reliability.

Hi Steve

Many thanks for your input. Why did you choose the MK then over the Herkules? That board is a little cheaper and wondered if there any more advantages?

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
Hi Steve
Many thanks for your input. Why did you choose the MK then over the Herkules? That board is a little cheaper and wondered if there any more advantages?
There are a large number of MK users on the Freefly forum and on the Mikrokopter forum, too. The MK forum is mostly in German, but one board is primarily English, and Google Chrome does a passable job translating the others, for the most part. Most folks will answer English questions in English, too.