Who has a 18 minute flight time with F 550?

subsonic9

Been trying to get longer than 7 minute flight time with Tarot gimbal and Gopro. Just not happening.10" props, 2212 dji motors, 30 amp esc, 3S 5200 Turnigy battery. Not sure of auw. I need the specs if you have one flying 20 minutes.

photobobga

I'm getting 11 minutes on a modified F550. For me, 11 minutes is a very long time to capture raw video or photography. I've never created a final video for a client longer then 3 minutes... and that's too long. If you want 20 minute flights shed the gimbal and such and go have a great time. If you are going to produce marketing videos, focus your attention on getting the best raw footage... stable, in focus, color corrected and framed correctly. Buy the very good batteries, several of them... land, change the battery, move to another location.

Bob

Treg

Captain Fudpucker
I am getting 10 min with gimbal, Gopro, heavy lift conversion with a 4s 8000 mah battery, more than enough time for any video.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
You will never see 20 mins with that setup, you will need to increase your cell to 4, drop the KV of the motors and increase your props more. Then you may see them times with the options added to it... "MAY".

I run a disco pro with 900KV, 4s 4500mAh, 500mw 2.4Ghz VTX, ImmersionRC EzUHF Diplex 8 channel RX, Gimbal obviously with GoPro 3, ImmersionRC EzOSD, Flytrex all on 10" Graupners. I get around 12 minutes or so, I could probably push it a little more but I do not want to cause early failure of my batteries.

I had a F550, I thought it would lift anything!, how wrong was I, the motors are not up to the work, the frame is heavy and mine struggled to get off the ground with a GoPro 2, landing skids and dual 2500mAh 3s batteries.

Last edited by a moderator:

subsonic9

I agree that it was a stretch to get the flight time up. I knew the motor kv need to go down and prop size up but there are so many combos. I have spent a lot of time with ecalc and it fries my mind.lol I didn't want to make multiple purchases to get the end result if someone had a working setup I could use. The funny thing is until I timed the flight it seemed to be a lot longer in my mind.

min0nim

17+ minutes light flying for f550 without landing gear here.

- Stock f550 frame
- e300 motors and sec's
- phantom 9" props
- 4S 5000mah Turnigy Nanotech battery, flying down to 3.6v on lowest cell (+ about 30 secs more to land).

Flight times are down around 10mins with landing gear and a Nex5.

38super

I have F550 with Z gimbal go pro and 1600mm carbon fiber rods to get go pro way out front. No props in video. I use a maxamps 9000xl 4c bat and get 18 min . I am using the e300 but did away with the props and went back to the
Graupners 9x5
.... balance is perfect which helps in flight time. At end of flight cell v is around 3.65v per cell. If I were to do it again I would get the 6000mah. Everyone said that it's a tuned system so I should stick with the props that came with it but because of batts which are very heavy I am 300g over weight I did not trust those props
Machine comes down like a feather , takes off like a rocket. It also sounds very good with each motor in sync unlike the stock props . props all balanced with zero jello . I also have a ND filter (just lens no housing) on front of go pro which helps in very bright midday video where no matter what you do you will get some jello because of aperture setting.
William