WHICH - Video Camera?

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
So now I have a really good stills camera in the Sony Nex5 which aint bad at video either but I want something that will shoot at 60FPS and not the GoPro.

Any suggestions?

Droider

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
So now I have a really good stills camera in the Sony Nex5 which aint bad at video either but I want something that will shoot at 60FPS and not the GoPro.

Any suggestions?

Droider

The problem is there aren't many cams that are 60 fps Progressive scanning, most of them are 60 fps Interlaced which effectively becomes 30 fps when you deinterlace it in an editor. The GoPro is one of the few true 60 fps Progressive cams that I've found. In short the interlaced looks great as long as all you want to do is plug it into a TV set and watch the recording, if you want to do fancy things with editing software like slo-mo then you want progressive and there just aren't that many cameras that do 60 fps progressive. If you want to really understand what I'm on about, google the difference between progressive and interlaced scanning as it pertains to video cameras.

If you do come up with a true 60 fps progressive scan video camera that doesn't cost more than an Mikrokopter kit I'd be very interested in hearing about it myself.

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I just found that out... blimy I found one that was 7k! Awsome footage but also weighed a ton!.. Reet I am on a mission!

jes1111

:) I've asked Father Christmas to bring me one of these.

It has removable grip, handle, etc. so the core camera weighs only 1.3kg. With a lens the total weight is well within the capability of current heavy lifters.

Shame about the price, though... 5K+ for the body :eek:

:) I've asked Father Christmas to bring me one of these.

It has removable grip, handle, etc. so the core camera weighs only 1.3kg. With a lens the total weight is well within the capability of current heavy lifters.

Shame about the price, though... 5K+ for the body :eek:

Ouch, hope father Christmas is good to you!

CopterCam

Ouch, hope father Christmas is good to you!

If Father Christmas doesn't deliver or you can't wait 'till then............amazing video can be achieved at a fraction of the cost from the Panasonic GH1/GH2. The hacked GH1 is capable of 3K image quality.

I know these cameras are not strictly video but they are small, light and with a great range of supported lenses. Check out 'Google' for more info.........

Sid

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Been looking at the Panasonic RHP.. Its really come down in price over here, I can get a SD800 for £400

Would be good to get my RTRyders take on it. he seems to be able to digest all the tech stuff and spit it out in layman's terms!

Dave