Which F550 Landing Legs for Gimbal?

AlexVen

Dear All,

Quick question. How would you attach the below gimbal to a DJI F550? ie. Which landing legs would work the best with the least amount of drilling.

Alex V
View attachment 11266

Attachments

• Gimbal Pic.jpg
    Gimbal Pic.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 318

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Pretty much you would want it mounted in the middle of the bottom frame mount but the 550 frame mount also does the power distro, you could swap the power distro to be the top plate or make a flat strip to mount between two opposite arm mounts using a couple of short standoffs.

Still looking at what legs I am going to use with mine but depending where you are the colourful ones from gothelirc.com would probably be a good choice, they will not send these to Australia so cannot give them my money anymore but if you are in the US then they look to be a good choice.

Cheers

Pete

mmurfitt

Hey,
I have a set of the 215mm legs on my F550 and they're great. The only 'thing' is the landing skids aren't terribly robust, I've had a few heavy landings in stronger winds and the ends of both skids are bent a little, not enough to need replacing, but enough to make them resemble a banana more than they should! :)
However, they're nice and lightweight and can accommodate many gimbals, I also use the little tray for my battery, although it is a bit of squeeze getting it in and out..

SMP

^ Exactly right. These seem to be working ok. Only challenge if using a brushless gimbal is that these take a TON of antvib as they pass vibration VERY VERY easy.