Where to spend my Monies?

Hey All.

I got some cash to drop and want to hear how you think I should spend my money!

My current rig:
DJI f450
Naza V2 + GPS
Taranis
GoPro w/ Tarot 2d
Boscam 5.8 tx/rx
Dinky Security Camera testor as a monitor.

Should I drop a couple hundred to pick up a APM w/ all the good stuff and learn Mission Planner & Automous Flight?
Or
Should I drop a couple hundred to pick up a Fatshark and see what all the fuss FPV is about?

Thanks!
Chris

haha49

Well with the googles skyzone are better then fatshark. Fatsharks work with imersion RC transmiters. I would swap the LCD out as you want something with good brightness Fieldveiw 888 is an 8 inch works well 7 inch is cheaper. Then a tripod to stick it on attach reciever to back wire them togther 12v lipo done.

The problem with googles is this if you had bad vision in 1 eye it might not work well or you see black between the moniters due to were your eyes are placed. For some people it's great for others its ok and the rest it doesn't work well.

APM and mission planner pain in the rear to setup. Pain in the rear to figure out. Pain in the rear DJI is set it and go. Now the nice thing about pixhawk ect is you can add a bunch of stuff to it and it can do more. If you don't plan on using it's a waste of time.

True true. Someone else actually recommended pixhawk on my other tread so thats the way I would go....

I understand they are a pain to learn but alot more powerful once you get it...
I have a CS background, played with arduino and have a natural curiosity for learning new things.

Please keep the comments coming!

Thanks

haha49

True true. Someone else actually recommended pixhawk on my other tread so thats the way I would go....

I understand they are a pain to learn but alot more powerful once you get it...
I have a CS background, played with arduino and have a natural curiosity for learning new things.

Please keep the comments coming!

Thanks

The problem isn't learning it. The problem is installing it onto the multirotor and getting it to work spin the motors ect. Huge pain in the rear software wise. If you buy the prebuilt system they sell it works well build your own it's flaky.

Ryan Wilson

I personally would go with the Skyzone and do the stereoscopic, that's where I'm headed as soon as I get the funds together. FPV in 3d just sounds like an incredible experience, although I haven't personally experienced it myself. Keep us up to date on what you decide!