Where to Place NAZA LED?

Dezy

I'm building an F550 and wondering where is the best place to mount the LED so that you can monitor its light color and current status.

Is it best to mount it on the bottom facing down so you can see it in any orientation while in the air.

Or is it better to mount it on the side of a rear arm so its easy to see before take-off?

Thanks in advance,
Dezy

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Mount it under one of the ESCs pointing downward. That is where most of us have or do mount them.

Tahoe Ed

I mount mine on a arm facing back. I can see it from many orientations. The ultimate decision is up to you and your flying style.

flitelab

I tend to mount on the back on side of an arm or vertical on landing legs. That way it can be seen prior to takeoff as well as in flight. I find if facing down on bottom of the arm it can be hard to see prior to takeoff for verifying mode and satellite status and home position.

Dezy

I tend to mount on the back on side of an arm or vertical on landing legs. That way it can be seen prior to takeoff as well as in flight. I find if facing down on bottom of the arm it can be hard to see prior to takeoff for verifying mode and satellite status and home position.

Thanks, to all!

Since I'll be using GPS and needing to verify satellite and other light/color codes of the LED, I guess I'll chose the ease of viewing the LED before take-off over the ease of seeing in flight, and mount it on the side of a rear arm.

Thanks,again
Dezy