Welcome To DroneVibes

DroneVibes is a COMMUNITY of drones enthusiasts. We are experts at drones for all professional and consumer applications. We welcome you to register and join the conversation.

Where to fly in Miami FL

Discussion in 'Beginners Drone Forum' started by Soares Wendel, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Soares Wendel

Soares Wendel New Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Miami
    Posted by Soares Wendel, Dec 1, 2017 #1
    Hello Everyone. Just joined the forum, by any chance does anybody know a good spot to fly drones (in learning stage) in Miami, FL?

2. droneadmin

droneadmin Administrator Staff Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Posted by droneadmin, Dec 1, 2017 #2
    Here is some info- http://www.miami-airport.com/miadrone.asp

Did you know that an Unmanned Aircraft System, commonly referred to as a drone, is considered an aircraft by government agencies? While you may want to fly your drone anywhere, certain restrictions apply. Drones must be operated safely and responsibly.

Here are four regulations to know before flying a drone:

• All drones must be registered with the Federal Aviation Administration(FAA).
    • You must contact the airport and FAA control tower (954.641.6000) before flying within five miles of any airport.
    • Drones are prohibited from being flown within one mile of any Miami-Dade County airport.
    • Unauthorized use of a drone in Miami-Dade County shall result in a civil penalty of $500.
    For more information, visit the Miami-Dade County Ordinance; the FAA; andFlorida Department of Transportation.

3. Soares Wendel

Soares Wendel New Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Miami
    Posted by Soares Wendel, Dec 2, 2017 #3
    I appreciate the info.

4. JCLs

JCLs Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Houston
    Posted by JCLs, Dec 2, 2017 #4
    I bet