When your bird does not want to Arm...

Guys,

I spent a good amount of today connecting up the A2 in the garage. I have done the Naza thing so spending some time with the local DJI guy in my area and the guy I bought the machine from I was unable to get the A2 to arm the motors. I have done the firmware upgrade to the latest. Then I did IMU, and transmitter calibration, then I did Channel 5 flight mode setup, and finally I did a compass calibration along with all of the other pages of setup. NO IOC or any other channels other than landing gear. I had the blades off and did motor bumps to confirm correct rotation, and imu orientation.

Running a Frsky transmitter which I read that it can work fine. I can connect up and see the travels all seem correct. It has no alarms on the A2 controller of any kind yet it will not arm. S1000 sits.

IDEAS??

Thanks

-Cody

fltundra

Guys,

I spent a good amount of today connecting up the A2 in the garage. I have done the Naza thing so spending some time with the local DJI guy in my area and the guy I bought the machine from I was unable to get the A2 to arm the motors. I have done the firmware upgrade to the latest. Then I did IMU, and transmitter calibration, then I did Channel 5 flight mode setup, and finally I did a compass calibration along with all of the other pages of setup. NO IOC or any other channels other than landing gear. I had the blades off and did motor bumps to confirm correct rotation, and imu orientation.

Running a Frsky transmitter which I read that it can work fine. I can connect up and see the travels all seem correct. It has no alarms on the A2 controller of any kind yet it will not arm. S1000 sits.

IDEAS??

Thanks

-Cody
Have you calibrated the esc's? Throttle end points.

I had thought this was part of the 4 core transmitter calibration for stirring the sticks. (AETR) Some threads indicate that individual esc calibration is not needed...but they may or may not be right..lol...I am new to A2 so if it needs it I will need to find out how to do this. I do wish notification would be given that system will need calibration to arm.

Thanks

-Cody

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
You have not data posted on the aircraft specifications... This is why the 1st guess is ESC throttle calibration.
So it sound like a DJI aircraft....S1000....etc...
Here are a few other things that can cause no arming.
1. Have you done the TC stick calibration in the A2 assistant?
2. Have you adjusted the endpoints for the TX on both the Mode & RTH areas of the A2 Assistant so that each lights up Blue & centered in the mode?
3. Have you taken it outside & preformed a compass calibration?
4. Are you certain RTH/ Failsafe is not engaged?
5. Have you confirmed all of the correct stick directions in assistant and REV any channels that are needed?

Yep.... That's the standard list...

Got it flying. If you watch the DJI video on setup the one screen shot it shows the elevator up is going to the right. The other one it shows the reverse. Basically it could not arm because of one channel was backward. The CSC startup sequence if you look at it is a great way to ensure its correct..but it does not say dummy you have a channel backward.. The Taranis really is just a monster transmitter. Its so amazing and the RSSI is insurance in the air. I just got the transmitter last week. Love it. A buddy said they are working on or already have a way to harvest data from the can bus on the other 8 channels of the RX on the A2. Frequency hopping as well.