What's with the toilet bowl?

Tahoe Ed

I have been told that the "disturbed" setting under the advanced tuning tab can help lock the GPS position hold. I have not tried it. Unfortunately there is not a lot of information from DJI on how these settings work.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast

Attachments

• DJI brush.jpg
    DJI brush.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 273

mitmit

Who says they don't want to give PID tuning? You mean because they haven't yet is more accurate.
They, DJI says, Robert) when I say smtng I mean what I mean and know what i'm talking about)
"we can open 100 parameters for customers to adjust, but we doubt they can easily get good result without professional control background.
also DJI's control algorithm is not based on simple PID algorithm."
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19897095&postcount=5438

Thats why your requests looks funny) their algoritm is not based on PID but on Z axis adjustments)

cheers

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
Okay, what you say must be law and never altered. That blanket statement of what you say is funny.

All I'm saying is algorithms can be modified and improved. DJI has a very great track record of doing so. See I have been with DJI from the get go, I have seen many times where algorithms have been improved, features have changed etc.. To think they wouldn't is once again funny.

But that is my 2 cents if its even worth that.:dejection:

mitmit

Okay, what you say must be law and never altered. That blanket statement of what you say is funny.

All I'm saying is algorithms can be modified and improved. DJI has a very great track record of doing so. See I have been with DJI from the get go, I have seen many times where algorithms have been improved, features have changed etc.. To think they wouldn't is once again funny.

But that is my 2 cents if its even worth that.:dejection:

dont get me so serious Robert) smileys!!)
I do not work with them for years and just not yet accustomed enough for chinese way of doing business)
cheers

Possible fix

When I have a power wire from the battery close to the gps I get toilet bowl, when I switch sides it completly goes away and flys perfect.
Land and switch back, toilet bowl. I've confirmed this several times. Clearly its interference from power wires. Try to mount the GPS away from the battery wires and I would think away from arms with power wires running through them. Route the GPS wire away as well. Dedicated 4" long wooden arm

I have had all the above issues, but by following the fixes ( Moved GPS away from Batt, accurate COG input, compass swing ) my WKM is now doing pretty much as it should. I even have IOC working, scary but seems to what it should.

Thanks,

Rick.

Yes, the xyz measurements are for the IMU and GPS in relation to the crafts COG. You really must take some time to calculate your COG, don't assume it is in the center. I found the most important variable for the GPS is the Z axis. If you are carrying a landing gear, batteries and a camera below the center plates, your COG will most likely be a good distance under the plates. Mine is about 7 cm under the bottom plate. This will make your z settings for both the IMU and GPS a NEGATIVE VALUE.

The bummer part of all this is that I have different battery setups (1 - 6200mah, 1 - 5000mah or 2 x 5000mah) and the software only allows you to use one value. When I switch to different batteries my COG changes.

How exaclty do i find my COG... sure on my helis i can pick it up and balance it on the main but this is a new ballgame lol... any video's or a walkthrough out there, my wookong and hexa will be around soon and im stoked to set it up