WHat's the correct way to trim the WooKong?

Skysurf

What's the correct way to trim the WooKong? My machine want's to drift backwards and to the right. I am able to trim this out, but if I shut it down and then power it back up, it wont let med start the motors until I neutralize the trims. The machine balances quite well on the center plates so the cg is very close to the center.

Can't find any info about this in the manual.

Thanks,

Jesper

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

Did you calibrate the machine? Also, you can adjust the CG to accommodate for movement just as you can do for head holding. I would try that than Tx trims.

Skysurf

Hi Ed,

yes, I have done the calibration. I am thinking that this is only for the compass isn't it? I guess, like you say, that I could shift the cg to get it to stop drifting.

However, I am surprised if there is no way of trimming this. The WooKong Scale has this feature, Mikrokopter as well..

Thanks again,

Jesper

nisouck

Can someone please tell me how you trim the WooKong for level flight - please! :)

/Jesper

It's sometime difficult to find the reason why. Into a other topic, somebody find the problem was 2 kinds of propeller (renforced and none).
Do you check EACH controller with the full travel of the radio?
Think that probably the DJI is not faulty.

Skysurf

Thanks,

I do not think that the there is anything wrong with my WooKong unit. I am just trying to figure out how to get it perfectly trimmed for level flight.
When I use the trims I can get it perfectly trimmed out. However, if I disconnect the battery and then reconnect the battery, I am not able to start the motors until I have returned the trims to neutral.

I am now think that the problem is caused by the motor arm/disarm feature. Will try without it as soon as I get a chance.

/Jesper

vislaw

AD-6 drift

Maiden flight with Droidworx AD-6 with WKM. Very stable from the get-go with default gains -- no wobble at all. However, it has a very pronounced drift. I'm delighted at the stability but now need to fix the drift and I'm new at this so I would greatly appreciate some troubleshooting help. I am confident in my hardware mount position settings but must confess to not doing any balancing (I've seen those videos where they hang a battery from a prop strut so I didn't put much thought into it since the bird felt to be in balance in my hand). Would greatly appreciate any suggestions as to the most efficient way to attack the drift issue.