Welcome To DroneVibes

DroneVibes is a COMMUNITY of drones enthusiasts. We are experts at drones for all professional and consumer applications. We welcome you to register and join the conversation.

Need Help! Whats next?

Discussion in 'Beginners Drone Forum' started by David Bach, Jun 30, 2020 at 8:12 PM.

1. David Bach

David Bach New Member

May 23, 2020
    Posted by David Bach, Jun 30, 2020 at 8:12 PM #1
    OK I bought a Drone or a Quad Copter, not sure which is correct. It's a Potensic T-35. I like it a lot and after several crashes and a few new parts I can honestly say I'm a better pilot now than I was a month ago. There is still room for a lot of improvement.

I applied for and received a Drone Pilots License from the FAA. My Drone is above the minimum weight and I'm not sure if there's anything else I need to do. I live out in the country and air traffic is not an issue. The only traffic I ever see is airliners flying at altitudes that are miles above any thing I can do. My license says I can't fly over 400 feet and that's more than adequate for now. I'm also listed as recreational only and not approved for commercial applications this too is not a problem.

Now what do I do? Do I need anything above the license I have? Can I enjoy my new toy with out being concerned about arrest? I don't look good behind bars.

I'm in East Texas on Lake Livingston and most of the people here can't even spell Drone. I moved here, I wasn't raised here, most people keep to themselves and try not to bother anyone. I only fly during the day, never at night.

Any advice? Do I have to get something that reports my location? What in the world would that cost?

David B

Tags:
  2. Posted by AwesomeCobra, Jul 5, 2020 at 12:39 AM #2
    Hi David,

I am in no way a legal professional, but I've done some research on drone regulations. I think that (for now) if the drone is over 250 grams, all you need is to register the drone and display your number clearly on the drone.

However, I have even seen (online, at least) legal flyers get confronted by police who are unaware of drone regulations, so the best insurance I think one could have is to just stay away from people and property and use common sense. I hope this helps!

3. Posted by AwesomeCobra, Jul 5, 2020 at 12:48 AM #3
    edit - accidentally posted twice