What's better then a gopro?

Stacky

About the new rx100 mk3, I am trying to find more info on it, because i'm interested to use on a smaller mk hexa.. I read about 5way stabilisation.. But I can not find more info on that. It is not the same as "the visible moving lens" type as on the Sony camcorders or is it? Because that works great for me.. On a pj980. On a rx100 mk3 it says 5 way also, but will it be same?

I have the RX100 and when I had a servo based gimbal I used the active stabilization option which gave me the best results. However you could always tell when the footage had the active stabilization because there would be weird things going on in the corners.

tombrown1

Is not Boss like the pj line of camcorders. And it is supposed to be different and improved over previous rx100 stab.

This thing looks like a seriously good camera to fly.

haha49

Which camera do you have? I have the gopro 3+ and have never had a camera crash, to be honest its the first I heard of it.

I have

Hero 2, Hero 3 Black and a Hero 3+ silver. Black is very buggy from losing footage to corrupt memory cards ect

Old Man

You can set a higher ISO so you can shoot at f./8 or more and focus to infinity. In your case where your close you will have to guesstimate the focal distance, but having a higher f-stop will give you a much greater DOF.

I just shot with a 7D on a large quad at an airport so I could not go above 40' and had to stay within about an 8' box. Admittedly I wasn't constrained by objects close to me but by the end of the day I was more confident and got pretty close to my subject, not so close that if I had a failure it would hit anyone but it certainly would have fallen on the B24 also I didn't have a lot of room for error. Also this quad had a powered tether.

Nice work Chuck!

Last edited by a moderator: