What's a good night vision camera?

bensid54

Where I live there has been a couple of times where nasty people on the run hide out in the school yard behind my place or drunken parties occur. A couple of months ago there was a major police presence and they searched the area all around for a couple of hours and finally found one of the crooks but lost the other. I have a DJI quad with a Fat Shark setup and was wondering if there is a good night vision camera for a Fat Shark setup? It would be fun to help out the police when they have trouble finding the bad guys in the school behind me, that is as long as they are not using a helicopter in that case I would stay out of it. Any suggestions?

bensid54

Am I understanding this correctly is the cost of a complete unit for FPV only 300pounds or was that Euros?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Am I understanding this correctly is the cost of a complete unit for FPV only 300pounds or was that Euros?

looks like English pounds and the exchange rate (Canadian to Pounds) is 1.99 according to google so that would be about 600 canadian dollars

bensid54

Okay unless the local police want me to work for them I think the camera will have to be in the distant future, thanks Bartman

Pumpkinguy

In reality the police probably don't want or need your help. If it is a serious event they will bring in their own chopper with infrared. They sure as hell wont want a UAV in the air buzzing around.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
until they look at the $$/hr to get the helicopter vs the UAV and then realize they can get the UAV twenty times more often than the full scale heli

Pumpkinguy

until they look at the $$/hr to get the helicopter vs the UAV and then realize they can get the UAV twenty times more often than the full scale heli
But they won't want a civilian piloting it :)
Also, cant put one of those 12 billion candle power lights on a uav.

Last edited by a moderator: