What motor and prop

basman

Hello

My name is Vasilis and I am from Greece. I am new to Forum and I would like, if you can give me some advice.

I am trying to made a multicopter based on the Tarot F 650.

I have 8000 battery 6s 30c Esc 30A, Naza-M V2, gimbal and video transmitter

The total weight without the motor is 2400 g

What I haven’t, and I do not know many things about these, are the motors and propellers.

I know the basic rules: Little motor speed = large prop, large prop = high stability and small prop = high speed

What I want you to advise is What motor and what propeller to put that I have more Mixedflying time with good stability.

Under ecalc I consider using Turnigy Multistar 5008-340KV but still do not know what prop I need. This is because I noticed that increasing the size of the propeller reduces the flight time but the performance increase
1347.jpg

As my name implies I'm new to the hobby myself so take my advice for what it's worth. I am building my first copter and using a very similar frame and build. I'm using a tarot 650 sport. You choose the the motor based on the spec sheets by the manufacturer. Most of the reliable companies will supply one for their motor. In it they provide throttle percentage and thrust (along with many other things) per given prop/pitch. Look at the 50% throttle and see how much thrust it gives you. Multiply that by 4 (since it's a quad) and see if that is more than your Auw. I have a similar Auw as you and went with a sunny sky v4010 kv375 which way more than needed but I wanted to make sure any future equipment will be covered as well.

Go to bottom of page to see chart.

http://www.buddyrc.com/sunnysky-v4010-14-375kv.html

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
A large prop is more efficient than a small prop, so if it is flight time you want, go for the largest prop you can fit to the frame. Then pick motors that'll give you thrust roughly equal to twice the total weight.