what is a good "voltage under load" shut down.

jhardway

I recently have added some weight to my copter and starting to find my flight time has been cut down some. For the last few years I have been going by the general rules that you do not want to drain your battery capacity down below 80% and not to let you voltage per cell go below 3.5.

When I adding my weight to my copter and landed it at the 3.5 volt mark, when charging the battery I found the battery only use 60% of its capacity (20% less then the general rule). So as I have been reading around some try find out what is a good low mark for a battery "voltage under load". I have been seeing a lot of different results, first being that the 3.5 is fine but lipos under load can actually be taken down to 3.3V per cell range and that is OK as long as when you are done it comes in with no load 3.7 - 3.72 Volts per cell, or 80% it mha range.

I know there is many people on this site with much better understanding they me at this so I figure I would ask the question and see what comes back, if you have any insight I appreciate anyone chiming in, I feel its a good topic to read about.

Thanks

Cheers Jack