what is a good long range fpv drone that is not a dji product?

sirlewis

I am new to drones and I have only flown the Skyviper from walmart till date. I hear that to get a good video signal we need to use a specific radio frequency on the video transmitter and receiver instead of the WiFi. To this effect I wanted to know if I can upgrade the video and drone radio on the Rise Vusion 250 drone so it can fly out about 1-2 miles out using the FPV. I also want to be able to fly thru areas like abandoned construction sites where the signal is strong enough to go thru metal and cement with no lag.

Can anyone suggest a good upgrade to the Rise Vusion 250 or if I should use some other fpv drone? I don't want to get a DJI product because of their poor after sales and replacement service ...or anything else that looks like a flying stool.

Also, is it required to have a HAM license to fly any such long range FPV drone ?

DroneTalk

R/C Expert
Staff member
5.8ghz and 2.4ghz can't go thought walls and other structures you would have to go UHF, and depending on the power and Frequency you need a Ham LIC. Racing drones are a dime a dozen what make the difference is your power output and antennas.