MultiWii / NAZE / SP Racing F3 What does this do on the CC3D? (only for the hardcore).

Hey all,

I have a tough question. I would be very pleasantly surprised if this forum has the collective knowledge to answer.

What does this little resistor do?
qoDBmn1.png

I ask because I managed to knock the one on mine off.
It still flies fine though!

Regardless, I tried soldering it back on but it’s so tiny I don’t know if I got the points cleanly…
In fact, I may have put the resistor in backwards (are resistors directional?).
It Still Flies!

So… that does that little piece do?
Should I care?

Will the board just eventually burn out and die a premature death?
Or is it something more subtle and affect flight performance while I go on thinking I’m actually a poor pilot?

Thanks!
Chris

F

fengshuidrone

Although I can't help you on exactly what it does on that particular board, to answer one of your questions though, no, resistors are not directional. The fact that it still flies tells me either you got it back in there ok or the resistor might be for a portion of the board not in use. I see something there called a flexi port....do you use that? It might be involved with lots of things or almost nothing. Looks to me like its one of those almost nothing ones. I believe that your flexi port is your serial port combination i2c port where you would hook up GPS. Do you use that as a serial port?

Last edited:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
i think that the little tan blocky things are capacitors and like fengshuidrone said, it might be associated with something that you aren't using so the board is still working for you.

F

fengshuidrone

Being capacitors instead of resistors, that would bring in some polarity issues if installed backwards:D

I found the below schematic on this website: http://www.spikey.si/?p=780

It looks like I knocked off the 3V3 capacitor(?).
Im actually using the using the Flexport (lower left on the schematic) and not the Lefthand pin set.

IDK how to read these things at all.
Basically, do you guys think its the 3v3 chip? what does 3v3 mean? and you think Im good since Im using the flex port?

Why am I loosing so much sleep over this?
Perhaps a 'safety first' mentality.
Im diligent with a preflight check list and my OCD self can let this go...

Thanks again!
Chris

Screen-Shot-2015-05-04-at-22.50.31-1024x793.png