What do I need?

tbird8057

I've flown my brother F330 a couple of times but now I want something of my own. I want something stable for video. I'm thinking a hex? I want fpv and a gimbal for a Sony as15 I already have. What will I need? I any recommendations for eveything. Down to the battery charger. I like dji but I'm open to alternatives. Thanks for any help!

tbird, there are just so many options... You would really need to give us much more to go by to help you narrow the field.
- so are you wanti two cameras mounted at the same time? Or just one for both FPV and HD? If two cameras, why?
- why do you want a hex over a quad?
- will you be wanting future growth to other cameras?
- what is your budget? How much do you have to spend now knowing you'll need x amount more later just to keep the thing fully operational? (Initial purchase is just part of the cost.)
- how much do you see yourself investing into longer term equipment versus just what you need now?

These are just basic questions to even get the conversation started. Most major vendors have packages that included components that have proven to work well with each other. Maybe visit IntelligentUAS or AerialTechnologies or AerialMediaPros and see what kits they have might be close to the price point and features you want. Like maybe consider an F450+Naza+GPS+X468 gimbal as a starting point.

Even the last question on the list above comes into play big time, especially for transmitters and chargers. You can choose to spend $100 for a Tx that does the job for now, or spend $600 for one that will serve you years to come and be used across a wide range of setups. The same foes for charges...$80 might get you what you need now, and $300 will give you the room for growth.

As the saying goes, help us help you by giving us more to go on.

sixshooterstang

Bird's Eyes Aerial Media
I will say it is much easier if you go step by step and learn line of sight flying with no gimbal so you can crash it til you get used to flying alot. Then try other features. makes you cry less because you arent biting as many expensive gimbals and Vtx antennas.