What am i doing wrong

1275mini

right just built a dji 550 with gps rx bound ok esc set up and bleeping but no response from the sticks i am sure it is me but some help please lads !!!! radio is a dx 18 and set up as a Heli

Badfrog

Did you set it to intelligent mode? Try moving the left stick to bottom right and right stick to bottom left at the same time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1275mini

managed to sort getting the motors to run but motor 5 and 6 will not start i know the units are ok because i changed the over and they run fine :cold:

tstrike

pendejo grande
You chose one of the hexa's on the screen and not a quad? On the calibration screen is your transmitter set to traditional or sbus? What transmitter are you using? Do you get any stick movements at all in the calibration screen?

Last edited by a moderator:

1275mini

You chose one of the hexa's on the screen and not a quad? On the calibration screen is your transmitter set to traditional or sbus? What transmitter are you using? Do you get any stick movements at all in the calibration screen?

Hi yes its set to a hexa tx is set to traditional Tx is a dx18 and yes i am getting stick movment on all 4 ans tx is set to a heli mode

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
That is what I was told to set my radio too, but my Radio is a Futaba T8J, I am not sure why, in fact I believe when I set mine to aircraft it defaulted to it.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Yeah, I just double checked, Airplane mode on my radio is Acrobatic mode, I can't change that. So Airplane mode is what you need.

1275mini

changed it over to aircraft mode and i can only 1 - 4 motors to spin up i have tried swapping over motor 5 and 6 and they work so its not that i am starting to get fed up with it all now

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Ok, I take it all of the ESC's are working? all of the ESC's are plugged into the Ports marked M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M6?... In the Assistant, you have selected HEXA-ROTA V and hit write to write the information to the Naza?

Just trying to find out what steps you have taken to eliminate the problem, your probably going to hear the same thing from your dealer.

When you say your motors work fine, are you just moving the motors from the non-working location to a working location? Are you moving the ESC's too? maybe you could try just swapping out the ESC connection to the NAZA? I.E. if Motor #1 is not working and #2 is, swap the two outputs around and see what happens.

I have a feeling you maybe did not select and save the Motor Mixer Type.

Please, I am not calling you an idiot or anything, just trying to figure out what is going on! Trust me, it is easy to make a mistake, I did plenty of them when building mine.. :)

1275mini

thanks for the info i will try again in the morning how can i check if i have saved the motor mixer type i have hit the write button in the assistant but i am not sure if it saved and yes i did swap the esc as well as the motors getting late over here now

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I think, when you go back in to the Assistant, plug in your Copter, hit the read button and see if it is the same. You could have a bad Naza.... can you let us know what outputs on the Naza are working? Just curious if it is M1 - M4. Sleep well, maybe a clearer head in the morning will help. :)

Just for your information, Heli mode will introduce Mixes into your channels, some for cyclic on swash-plates with throttle, and other items. Keep it simple and stay in Aircraft mode.

Last edited by a moderator: