Well...It Crashed! Tarot 650

haha49

3.4V is ok for the lipo what happened is near the end of the lipo they drop very quickly at the start it slowly drops near the end it drops like a stone. Once the voltage gets low enough it has problems and glitchs like that what happened was the lipo was just to low to fly.

I run an FPV setup and I can see my voltage with an OSD over top of the video. By doing that I can watch my voltages it goes from full to half slowly but after that it speeds up and drops allot faster so you don't want to run on a low lipo. What happens with the second level of protection is it throttles down meaning you have to do 70-90 percent to keep it going. I disabled that on mine but I have a lipo alarm hardwired in so I have to plug the balance lead in to start mine as I have things powered off it as well and with out it I have no FPV transmiter or gimbal.

dmetz

3.4V is ok for the lipo what happened is near the end of the lipo they drop very quickly at the start it slowly drops near the end it drops like a stone. Once the voltage gets low enough it has problems and glitchs like that what happened was the lipo was just to low to fly.

I run an FPV setup and I can see my voltage with an OSD over top of the video. By doing that I can watch my voltages it goes from full to half slowly but after that it speeds up and drops allot faster so you don't want to run on a low lipo. What happens with the second level of protection is it throttles down meaning you have to do 70-90 percent to keep it going. I disabled that on mine but I have a lipo alarm hardwired in so I have to plug the balance lead in to start mine as I have things powered off it as well and with out it I have no FPV transmiter or gimbal.

More good information and considerations! Thank you!

AlienNet

Hi dmetz, sorry to hear about your misfortune, i would be very reluctant about letting my Lipos drop below 3.6vpc, hope you got everything sorted out.

dmetz

Hi dmetz, sorry to hear about your misfortune, i would be very reluctant about letting my Lipos drop below 3.6vpc, hope you got everything sorted out.

Thank you! Yes, I've got the lipo thing under control now. Putting almost precisely 75% current back into the battery after each flight...discharging to 3.7 volts on both a direct lipo monitor/alarm and have added telemetry to the system as well. I'm using a timer too so three relatively independent systems to keep that from every happening again!

...I run an FPV setup and I can see my voltage with an OSD over top of the video.
My quad is still in the research and design phase (with a DJI Wookong-M FC), but I do have iOSD Mini on the buy list as well, to help keep an eye on voltages.

If you already have a video TX system, and Naza based, a DJI iOSD Mini will plug into a Naza PMU v2.
And the iOSD Mini itself isn't that expensive.