Weird issues with 3.10

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
My upgrade went fine and I feel my Hex F550 runs great. So I upgraded the battery as I was almost melting down the 2 parallel batteries I was running, I moved up to a 4S battery 4500mAh 35c, slightly more heavy then the 2 2650 3S 20c batteries I was using.

Anyway, I am not sure if anyone has been and set up the battery warning and second level warning, but I must say it sucks and will probably turn it off. I can't get it low enough to work with the battery, and worst thing is..... I had it set, got about 10 minutes flight time on my heavy rig running 10" Props and the standards DJI motors at this time. Motors was warm but not anything to worry about, 10 minutes in the VU light started flashing read and 5 seconds later she hit the floor, autoland kicked in and put it down really hard.

I have the maximum gap I can between voltages, going on a 3.4 volt per cell x 4 setting, and it went through the first and direct to the second.... WTF is up with that. Anyone else seen this? have any suggestions? I am thinking maybe dropping my prop size down to the recommended 8" props, but I wonder if I will get the lift with my weight?

I am not sure of the total weight, but I have the standard F550 with GPS, the 4500 4s Turnigy Nano-Tech, landing skids and GoPro mounted underneath.

Faffer

Hi
I have a 550 gps OSD gopro and the 4s with th DJI 1038 set-up ..

the Naza batt thing turned off I use a lipo alarm and now my OSD

Not flown with the OSD but before on a Zippy Compact 5800 I get about 11 mins before the 3.6v warning

My 550 with no batt or cam on it is 1.5Kg

Was just looking to put 2x 4000 on but thats making it 2.4KG so close to max so may re think things ..

Richard#

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I am trying to figure a way to get longer flight times, the only way I can see is to extend the arms and put 750Kv motors and 12" props.

I think you might be on the right track but some of the arm extenders are a bit heavy..... mine are aluminum and definitely too heavy so I removed them.....then I went with the RCTimer RCT800 mm MR airframe etc. etc.

But on the original F550 I upgraded the motors to NTM 35-30 11KV with Graupner 10 x 5 props and have been getting about 10 minutes per flight with 15% spare, using parallel 3S 5000 mah batteries. Tried aluminum arm extenders but didn't like the extra weight but noticed the extenders will allow use of 13 inch props!!!

I am trying to figure a way to get longer flight times, the only way I can see is to extend the arms and put 750Kv motors and 12" props.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Thanks Peter, I also was thinking of the 800 arm upgrades. Why the higher RPM motors if you don't mind me asking? I was under the impression with bigger props, a lower RPM/KV motor would suffice as the Torque would increase and the AMPs lowered... or have I misunderstood the whole concept of KV not being RPMs?