WARNING****** DONT BUY ALEXMOS CONTROLLER FROM csgshop.com***** LIARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfro

Aerial Fun
The RCTimer board is a Martinez board.

Ken

Does the Martinez board run the same setup software as the Alexmos?

I have an gimbal w/ alexmos setup from GotheliRC.com. I also received a alexmos board and imu from csgshop. I thought I was getting it from Florida, but it came from overseas. I've probably had it 2 weeks, but haven't tried it out yet.

The IMU from csgshop is the same as I got from GotheliRC. However the Alexmos seems different. It's green tinted color vs a blueish color that I got from GotheliRC. Also, there are a few small components that are different than what's on the the Alexmos board.

I'm wondering which one of the Alexmos boards is the current version?
If the CSGshop is an older board, should I return it?

If I buy an extra IMU on ebay, will it work with the Alexmos board if it's 5v. There seems to be many listed and all relatively cheap. Thinking it might be a good idea to have a spare.

Thanks in advance.

PilotMan

Does the Martinez board run the same setup software as the Alexmos?

I have an gimbal w/ alexmos setup from GotheliRC.com. I also received a alexmos board and imu from csgshop. I thought I was getting it from Florida, but it came from overseas. I've probably had it 2 weeks, but haven't tried it out yet.

The IMU from csgshop is the same as I got from GotheliRC. However the Alexmos seems different. It's green tinted color vs a blueish color that I got from GotheliRC. Also, there are a few small components that are different than what's on the the Alexmos board.

I'm wondering which one of the Alexmos boards is the current version?
If the CSGshop is an older board, should I return it?

If I buy an extra IMU on ebay, will it work with the Alexmos board if it's 5v. There seems to be many listed and all relatively cheap. Thinking it might be a good idea to have a spare.

Thanks in advance.

Shouldn't need a spare if its hooked up correctly. Not all IMU boards are alike. There is a process to program them to work with the board as I understand it. The board and general design is open source but the Alexmos software is not.... The problem is CSG... They suck and lie... had big issues that caused me to put a claim in with paypal.

DennyR

Telling you...... PUT IN A CLAIM WITH PAYPAL. This guy is a creep and a liar so far. Always blames the other guy.

Correct, far too many people cant be wrong... He also sells a 6050 imu board for three times the price, don't buy this one as he does not have or understand the need for a data sheet to go with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi All, Had no problem with this supplier. Got a alexmos board and gps unit from him. I needed the pin out for the gps board and they supplied within a day. Cheers Dave

araines2750

Hexa Crazy
Forum,
Just some info for those who do not yet know:
1. The AlexMOS & Martinez board are completely different. We used both during our Beta testing.
2. The AlexMoS board has gone to proprietary GUI & Firmware while Martinez is still open source. You cannot run AlexMOS firmware on the Martinez Board.
3. The current physical board configurations are different.
4. The AlexMOS "group" are currently working on firmware updates & a 3 axis board. I do not know of any current work underway by the Martinez "group".
5. Several other "Open Source" GUI are emerging from new groups.
6. There are just a few "licensed" / "authorized" partners selling the AlexMOS board. They are listed here: http://www.simplebgc.com/eng/buy/ Many do not show any in stock. We purchased some of ours from ARMBGC. Others from http://www.ladroneshop.com/en/ Shipping to US took a while- about 2 weeks. The boards look different, come equipped differently, but both work the same. The ARMBGC is very nice as the board soldering is already complete....but more$$$.
7. The Martinez board works equally well. We got ours here: http://www.altitudehobbies.com/multicopter-products/brushless-gimbal-controllers
8. The PID & PWR settings to make the same gimbal work correctly are completely different between the AlexMOS & Martinez boards.

It should be stated that this technology is very new & started open source. It can be VERY challenging to get the settings & tuning done to get a gimbal that works perfectly, but once done, the payoff in video quality is the best I have seen. I am hopeful that as with multicopters a few years ago and where we are at today, that a "out of the box" Brushless Gimbal Controller (Like a Naza or WKM) with all wires, a case, a good manual & a good GUI (assistant) is in our future. Hopefully the future Brushless Gimbal Controller will have large enough ESC to handle larger motors for DSLR sized cameras. It is my "opinion" that the current boards do not. Gimbal motors are also emerging from many different manufacturers in many sizes & configurations...Perhaps a "standardized/ universal" bolt configuration will emerge so that they will all interchange. We designed "drive hubs" as part of our gimbal to deal with the different configurations.
Just some thoughts, comments & experiences for the Forum.

Andrew

csg

PilotMan I think your name Adam. You write me what my set great work and after 3 days you write me what you broken IMU board. I offered send back IMU for change but you did not agree return. I have sent for free one IMU board for you but you open claim in the paypal and write in all forums what a bad shop csgshop! I offer you full return if you sent back my set, but you again not agree also you write to paypal what set shipped back to me and write to paypal wrong tracking number! We sent you second package with IMU by registered post and with tracking after your message about problem with first package. I write this tracking number here for other people RR376484960LV page for tracking http://www.pasts.lv/lv/uzzinas/meklet_sutijumu.html
Where in csgshop you see what my store in US???

csg

Please also describe what you mean OLD board???? New it's with cheap CP2102 chip on the board and with cheap motor driver L6234??? I sell original AlexMos board designed by AlexMos, not cheap re-designed board for mass production.

PilotMan

PilotMan I think your name Adam. You write me what my set great work and after 3 days you write me what you broken IMU board. I offered send back IMU for change but you did not agree return. I have sent for free one IMU board for you but you open claim in the paypal and write in all forums what a bad shop csgshop! I offer you full return if you sent back my set, but you again not agree also you write to paypal what set shipped back to me and write to paypal wrong tracking number! We sent you second package with IMU by registered post and with tracking after your message about problem with first package. I write this tracking number here for other people RR376484960LV page for tracking http://www.pasts.lv/lv/uzzinas/meklet_sutijumu.html
Where in csgshop you see what my store in US???

OK Dude...... This has been going on for a long time.....Since February 26th

You wouldn't even return my emails till I put a claim in with Paypal...... Then you pay attention.....

Then you LIE and say your sending a new board out to try to get me to close the case with Paypal......... LIE.........

The Tracking number you sent was delivered to Washington.....LIE......... (I live in Hawaii and never got any package....)

Your map on your website shows you in Florida.......LIE..............(If I knew you were in Lativa (7100 miles away) .......Never would have done business with you.)

Your a backpedalling.... I have been around the block and dealt with people like you many times.

Sorry man.... but I like to share my experiences with other on forms (like this one) to try to save them the pain of dealing with people like you.

Did it occur to you that I might make a living at what Im doing to feed my family and you screwed me out of 3 months for the crap you pulled!!

SHAME ON YOU CSGSHOP.COM - Maybe this will make you reconsider LYING in the future. [h=1][/h]

csg

We are not ashamed because we have sent you 2 times IMU board what you are spoiled. You also sent wrong info to paypal and I wait paypal response about this.

I will not insult you as you do I add tracking info about your package in first post and any people can check what package shipped. Also I have make request proof of delivery from usps.com

csg

My last post in this thread!
Any people which need help with my product please write me email I not have to much time for all forums checking. All messages will be answered 1-2 days

PilotMan

None of what you say changes your actions. The truth is not insulting.

I look forward to you doing the right thing and being a better man for it...... Good luck to you!!

We are not ashamed because we have sent you 2 times IMU board what you are spoiled. You also sent wrong info to paypal and I wait paypal response about this.

I will not insult you as you do I add tracking info about your package in first post and any people can check what package shipped. Also I have make request proof of delivery from usps.com

PilotMan

Alexander..... Give them your direct email? Funny that it took you weeks to answer my emails but you hopped to it when Paypal took your funds back..... Crack me up!!

My last post in this thread!
Any people which need help with my product please write me email I not have to much time for all forums checking. All messages will be answered 1-2 days

PilotMan

I havent even begun to insult you...... Paypal has never dealt with people like you......Yea right!! Keep talken.... Be glad to sign for your package after 2 months of BULL.....

Keep talken.....

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I havent even begun to insult you...... Paypal has never dealt with people like you......Yea right!! Keep talken.... Be glad to sign for your package after 2 months of BULL.....

Keep talken.....

ok folks, i think this thread has gone about as far as it needs to go.

bartman

Status
Not open for further replies.