WARNING: DJI Zenmuse H3-2D

ChrisViperM

Just got an email from a dealer - I guess because I am in their data base since I did not buy that H3-2D-thing:

DJI News
Zenmuse H3-2D issue,s
09-07-2013
DJI Zenmuse Mount H3-2D Product WARNING!!
do NOT operate the zenmuse WITHOUT a Go pro attached.
it WILL damage your zenmuse by overheating the motors , and causes so much generated heat.
that the drive motors lose magnetic strenght , and get very hot and smell burned.
you will lose your warranty if you do not comply with these rules.
the smalle zenmuse is designed to carry a GoPro and not operate without it!
Also there is a new FIRMWARE update available for the Zenmuse.

Funny enough, I looked into the manual from DJI's web-site, but could not find anything from the above.....so how can you loose your warranty (very questionable if you even have any) if that warning is not written in the manual.

....but I just keep my mouth shut and keep any comment for myself.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

CrashMaster

I always thought that the DJI warranty is void the second you pay...... Has anyone ever had something replaced by them?

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I would even question the e mail, looks like a 5 year old wrote it....lol

-----------------------------
Sent using my fingers on my electronic telecommunicating device thingy via Tapatalk 2

ChrisViperM

I would even question the e mail, looks like a 5 year old wrote it....lol

-----------------------------
Sent using my fingers on my electronic telecommunicating device thingy via Tapatalk 2

The dealers just pass these kind of emails on to their customers as they get them..... that kind of writing is called "Chinglish".....:tennis:

olof

Osprey
The latest FW will put the miniZen into hibernation mode if no H3 is mounted thus saving the motors, it is on the DJI site in the release notes. So if you hook p to assistant it will prompt you to update.

Funny enough, I looked into the manual from DJI's web-site, but could not find anything from the above.....so how can you loose your warranty (very questionable if you even have any) if that warning is not written in the manual.

this is on page 2 in red

Before use make sure to mount the camera to gimbal first, and then mount the gimbal to aircraft. After this you can power on the gimbal.

Reasonably clear

ChrisViperM

Is this:

Before use make sure to mount the camera to gimbal first, and then mount the gimbal to aircraft. After this you can power on the gimbal.

the same like this....? :

DJI Zenmuse Mount H3-2D Product WARNING!!
do NOT operate the zenmuse WITHOUT a Go pro attached.
it WILL damage your zenmuse by overheating the motors , and causes so much generated heat.
that the drive motors lose magnetic strenght , and get very hot and smell burned.
you will lose your warranty if you do not comply with these rules.
the smalle zenmuse is designed to carry a GoPro and not operate without it!
Also there is a new FIRMWARE update available for the Zenmuse.

This are two different pairs of shoes (at least in Europe).....

Chris