Voltage fail or Something else..?

alx

Hello to all!
Today I had a bit of an accident and I would much appreciate your takes on what might have caused my problem.

My f550/naza/gps/ crashed and fell after a just 3min flight, while it usually lasts at least 7-8 min.
The problem seems to lay with the battery...

So after charging and balancing my lipo bat (a 3000mah 4cell) the calibration indication was 16.2V, when it should identify 14.8V at my Naza assistand software.
I went and flew it anyway. After a 3 min flight, the drone made a beep sound (actualy the sound that you hear when you turn the battery on) and fell DIRECTLY to the ground!!!

So, I guess it's the battery (if you have any other guesses, please be my guest). But still, shouldn't there be some kind of delay??? Shouldnt the fall be a little smoother??? Here's the video of that flight/ crash.

Any help????????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW627Mg9fCs

Last edited by a moderator:

tstrike

pendejo grande
sounds like a bad battery connection to your copter, like the power's going off then back on reinitiating the start up sequence. Take your props off, fire it up and wiggle your battery cable, check the solder connections of the battery lead on your frame and the connections on the other end. A fully charged 4s should read 16.80v (4.2v per cell).

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Check your battery calibration, open up the assistant, see what the battery is reading on it. Get a meter and measure your actual voltage and make the correction. As mentioned above, check your connection to the battery too.

alx

thanks for the quick response..
as a result from the crash only 1 arm and 3 props were damaged..thanknfully..
View attachment 9989
Battery soldering and cables seems to be fine.
ESC soldering no, some wires were cut (unsolder) after crash i guess.. 2 from the broken arm ESC (logic) and 1 from another ok arm ESC.
i m also guessing that lipos battery clip may disconnected:upset: just for second..(crazy)!!!
So is it posible to reinitiate the start up sequence even if ESC power off ?

Attachments

• fail.jpg
    fail.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 162