Video Out of a Hero4

JoeBob

Elevation via Flatulation
I can't vouch for that exact board, but it looks very much like the board that comes with the TBS Disco Pro. You have the option to charge from the flight battery and to switch downloads between your FPV camera (fixed) and the gimbal mounted GoPro. It's great for verifying your shot composition.

But it is not recommended for FPV flying, because of the latency. What you see through the GoPro happened about a second ago.

Av8Chuck

I'm just using it for composition but on the site it says that it works with all Hero's up to the Hero3+ but says nothing about the Hero4. I was hoping someone had tried it with a Hero4.

JoeBob

Elevation via Flatulation
Good that you're being cautious. I remember some issues with the GP 4 and the disco pro. TBS solved it with drivers or firmware.
I can find you that thread tomorrow if you want.

fltundra

But it is not recommended for FPV flying, because of the latency. What you see through the GoPro happened about a second ago.
Where did you here that? I've been flying the H4 for over a year and can tell you video out has zero latency.;)
The only time you will see delay in the video is if your using the android/apple app with wifi, not connected to direct video out.

Av8Chuck