Very Short Flight times - P2 and good batteries

zinkracer

I have begun to experience very short flight times when hover suddenly cannot be sustained. Started happening just about 4 flights ago and is getting worse. I always fly on fully charged batteries and these batteries and my P2 are fairly new - maybe 25 total flights on both batteries. I connected the P2 to Assistant to see the state of charge on both after this most recent experience today. One battery showed 69% remaining and the other showed 77% remaining. No way this should be happening and it's getting worse. I replaced the TX batteries just for caution - no effect. I recalibrated the compass before each of these last 4 flights - out of caution because the were in different places. Motors were cool to the touch. Props in excellent condition.

See the images below from Assistant. Can anyone suggest a fix? Naturally, it happens at an inconvenient time as I have some commercial work scheduled for next week.

Thanks for any help!!

erico

There is a known problem with some DJI batteries .. DJI have recently changed the contact surface from round to square contacts. If you have the older type then more than likely its a battery problem and its best to contact your dealer for a replacement . I have had 3 faulty only afer a dozen or so flights on each . You might also see if you look in assistant that one of the battery cells will be lower than the other two . What is happening is thew cell voltage drops and the Phantoms goes in to auto land . You are lucky if you can keep it in the air for a few more minutes and your not over water or to far away .

zinkracer

Mine seemed to be a firmware problem. The TX firmware was apparently out of synch with the P2 software. DJI isn't clear enough about updating firmware nor does their software warn you of a potential problem nor does it show you how to fix it.

erico

Ok well glad you got it sorted .. I am still waiting now 4 weeks from my dealer to replace them along with another friend who has 3 returned and waiting. I bought a new one and it is working well .. long may it continue :)

zinkracer

DJI support is slow. My dealer has been responsive but he has limitations. I damaged a gimbal in a crash - my fault - it has been out for repair for over 8 weeks and I have no idea when I will see it again. I had to buy another so I could keep flying.