Using 2.4 Ghz for camera control

Hey all, at the moment we are using a 35Mhz radio set for the camera operator to avoid any interference with the control radio, however I have seen quite a few videos were people are using 2.4Ghz for both copter control and camera control, is this OK to do as I want to replace the radio set we use on the camera and will go for a 2.4Ghz setup if its safe.

It mentions using different channels, is that possible with radio equipment? I use spektrum on the main radio set, should I use a different manufacturer on the camera set, or will the reciever only accept the signal from the transmitter it has been bound with

Efliernz

Pete
I use Futaba 2.4 for my copters and a DX7 for the camera control... only because I still have one. I have flown with two Futaba FAAST 2.4's.

I see no difference in having two close Futaba RXs from two separate TXs as a model aircraft race pylon race with a bunch on guys side-by-side. Once you have binded each radio on it's own, it is just another radio...

Pete

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I fly with a Futaba super 8 and my camera operator controls the camera and servos with a Futaba D7 with no problems, both 2.4ghz.

Regards,

Gunter.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a Hitec Optic 5 for the camera, seems to work great and nice and cheap, going to start work on making our own 360 camera gimbal next, should be fun!!