Upgraded to 5.12 firmware now motors 7 and 8 twitch on and off

Jits

I know there are plenty of posts about firmware changes so please forgive me if this problem has already been covered. My skyjib 8 has been in storage for the last 3 months and so it has missed several firmware updates.

Have flown successfully over the last week with the skyjib behaving as expected. Firmware was 5.02.

Upgraded today to 5.12 resetting to defaults afterwards and power cycling etc before calibrating again.

Went for a test flight and immediately noticed that motors 7 and 8 twitched (started up briefly) when connecting batteries as if the throttle was briefly engaged.

Happenning randomly there after when sitting on the ground regardless of flight mode.

Also noticed that when powering up the previously in synch cell count was definitely out on one or two motors/escs. Suspect it was 7 and/or 8 but couldnt be sure.

Did a quick flight and it certainly was not as stable as before but I appreciate that the gain range is different in this firmware.

Are these common issues or am i just missing something in set up?

Happy to be redirected to other threads if this has already been covered.

Thanks in advance.

Jits

Thanks Dave.

I suppose the choice is 5.12a, 5.14a or roll back?

What are others running on Octos at the moment?

Thanks

Zen Mitt

Jits, use 5.12a, it's solid from what I have seen and it has not let me down, I would not use the 5.14 right now, I have read a few posts that make me think there could be a bug or two nothing confirmed, call it a feeling...

Jits

Thanks - always have to respect a feeling and suspect you are right about 5.14a. Been using 5.12a for the last few days and once I got the gains sorted it has been fine, although doesn't feel as tight on gps as it did in the past but suspect that is to do with the new flight area I'm testing in! Bit of a valley.